This is a juicy and moist almond poppyseed cake baked using almond flour. The almond flour provides moist and juiciness to the cake, and no oil or butter is needed. I also added potato starch to make the cake more tender and some tapioca flour to make add some fluff and texture to the cake. This cake is fresh, light and not too sweet (as always I prefer my baked goods less sweet). But if you prefer a sweeter taste you can just add some extra liquid sweetener or granular sugar. The poppy seeds add a nice nutty flavor and some crunch in this juicy cake. To really top this cake of I added plums that add even more juiciness and moist, and also bring some sweetness to the cake.
This cake also has a hint of citrus, since I added lemon zest to it. You can adapt the amount of lemon zest depending on how much citrus flavor you prefer in your cake. This cake is really easy to make. You only need a blender to combine everything and its ready to bake!
Ingredients for this Almond Poppy Seed Cake with Plums:
- Unsweetened plant based milk
- Fiber syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
- Vanilla stevia drops
- Stevia granular sugar (or regular sugar)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Almond flour
- Potato starch
- Tapioca flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Poppy seeds
- Slivered almonds
More baking recipes you might like:
Almond Poppy Seed Cake with Plums (Gluten Free, Sugar Free)
- 4 Eggs (Flax eggs might work as well)
- 3/4 dl Unsweetened plant based milk (I used almond)
- 1/2 dl Fiber syrup (or any other liquid sweetener)
- 5 drops Vanilla Stevia drops (or 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1-2 tbsp granular sugar/coconut sugar)
- 3-4 tbsp Stevia granular sugar, if you prefer your cake sweeter (optional, I did not use it)
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2-1 Lemon (depending on how strong lemon flavor you prefer) zest
- 5 dl Almond flour
- 4 tbsp Tapioca flour
- 4 tbsp Potato starch
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 3-4 tbsp Poppy seeds
- 1 tsp Salt
- 7-8 Plums pitted and cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp Slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius and line the bottom of a spring form. Grease the side of the spring form with some oil or butter.
- Combine almond flour, tapioca flour, potato starch, salt, baking powder, baking soda, poppy seeds and sugar (if using) in a bowl.
- Add eggs to a blender and blend for 20-30 seconds, just so they are lightly beaten.
- Add milk, stevia drops, liquid sweetener, apple cider vinegar and lemon zest to the eggs and blend until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the blender and blend until everything is incorporated. Dont blend for too long.
- Pour the batter into the lined spring form.
- Arrange plums on top in circles.
- Sprinkle slivered almonds on top.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes. Check using a toothpick if it comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool before cutting and serving.