This recipe is for a delicious, quick and easy asparagus dish served with labneh, pesto and pistachio nuts. This dish only requires four main ingredients and 10 minutes to make. Serve this dish as a starter, side dish or even main course. It is both vegetarian, gluten, grain free and low carb.
Is there something asparagus does not pair well with? I can’t come to think of too many things at least. This is a wonderful, easy and quick dish made with quickly fried asparagus, labneh balls, pesto and pistachio nuts. So easy, only including a few ingredients, yet still so tasty and delicious. Have you ever tried labneh? I have to admit Im quite bad at using it, even though I really love it. So what is labneh? Labneh is a middle eastern cheese made out of strained yogurt. You can make/eat regular labneh spread which is creamy and slightly tart flavor. It is perfect to serve as a dip, include in sauces or season with different condiments. Then you have labneh balls. They are made the same way as labneh spread but are strained for 2-3 days instead of about 24 hours as labneh spread is. They are more firm and have an even more tangy than regular labneh spread. This dish is a wonderful mix of warm fried asparagus that have a little bitter taste mixed with the tangy, fresh and firm labneh balls, a wonderful flavorful pesto and crunchy pistachio nuts. This dish is perfect to serve both as an appetizer/starter, side dish or even main course. It is both vegetarian, gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- Remove the bottom part of the asparagus to make sure to avoid eating the “woody” dry part.
- I love to just quickly fry my asparagus. Just until its warm, a little golden brown but still a bit crunchy on the inside. That makes it much more interesting and delicious than an override asparagus.
- You can use any pesto that you like or prefer.
- You can use different types of nuts if you don’t like pistachio nuts. Or use seeds if you want it nut free.
- I would recommend you to serve this dish while the asparagus are freshly fried.
Ingredients for this Asparagus with Labneh & Pesto:
- Labneh balls
- Pistachio nuts
- Olive oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Summer Vegetable Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Asparagus, Prosciutto & Mozzarella (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Sweet Potato & Spinach Waffle with Asparagus & Poached Egg (Vegetarian, Gluten & Dairy Free)
- Roasted Point Cabbage with Scallion Salsa (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Asparagus Frittata with Pesto & Burrata (Vegetarian, Gluten Free & Low Carb)
- Asparagus & Feta Cheese Omelette (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- White & Green Asparagus with Salmon & Browned Soy Butter (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Cod with Balsamic Roasted Fruits & Berries (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Refined Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- White Asparagus with Prosciutto (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Sweet Potato Toast with Prosciutto, Asparagus & Burrata (Gluten & Grain Free)
- White Asparagus with Shrimps
Asparagus with Labneh & Pesto (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- A bunch of Asparagus bottom dry part removed
- 6-8 Labneh balls
- 2-3 tbsp Pesto
- Pistachio nuts roughly chopped
- Olive oil, to fry
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with some olive oil.
- Remove the dry bottom part of the asparagus and fry in the pan for 5-8 minutes. Until warm, golden brown and softened, but still has a bit of a crunchy core.
- Place on a plate and top with labneh balls, pesto and roughly chopped pistachio nuts.