This is a recipe for fresh, light yet very delicious and tasty Avocado Mousse with Shrimps & Fish Roe. This avocado mousse with shrimps & fish roe only requires seven key ingredients and 10 minutes of your time. It is perfect to serve as an appetizer/starter or to include it on a buffet. It is both gluten and grain free and low carb.
I don’t know if I dare to say that this is a Swedish dish.. but it sure is very much inspired by the Swedish cuisine. We eat a lot of shrimps and fish roe, often paired with chives, lemon and red onion. Shrimps are one of my top tree seafood, and if you pair it with some fish roe I’m all yours. Just love how the gentle shrimps pair so well with the salty fish roe, and how the textures of both make such a great combination. This avocado mousse with shrimps and fish roe is so easy and quick to put together, yet taste so good and look quite fancy. It is perfect to serve as an appetizer, starter or to include if you’re serving a buffet.
A few tips:
- I would really recommend you to use unpeeled shrimps of good quality and peel them yourself. Don’t use the canned once, they don’t taste the same or have the same texture as the once you buy and peel yourself.
- You can prepare everything in advance, but I would recommend you to make the avocado mousse no longer than 30 minutes before serving it.
- Make sure to mix the avocado mousse for some time so that it gets fluffy and really smooth.
Ingredients for Avocado Mousse with Shrimps & Fish Roe:
- Crème Fraîche
- Lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Red fish roe
- Red onion
Other recipes you might like:
- Scallop Bites with Caviar & Shrimps (Gluten & Grain Fee, Low Carb)
- Blini with Creme Fraiche, Fish Roe & Salmon (Gluten Free)
- Scallop Carpaccio with Avocado & Fish Roe
- Swedish Tapas (Gluten & Oil Free)
- Skagenröra & Seed Cracker Bites
Avocado Mousse with Shrimps & Fish Roe (Low Carb)
- 2 Avocado pitted and peeled
- 2 dl Crème fraîche (or thick yogurt)
- 1-2 tsp Lemon juice
- Sea salt, to taste
- 14-20 Shrimps (depending on their size) peeled and rinsed
- 4 tbsp Red fish roe
- 1/2 Red onion finely chopped
- Chives, to garnish
- 1 Lemon slice quartered
- Start by peeling and rinsing the shrimps.
- Finely chop the red onion.
- Add the avocado, crème fraîche, lemon juice (start with 1 tsp) and sea salt to a high bowl and mix using a hand mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- Place the avocado mousse in four glasses.
- Divide the shrimps, red onion and fish roe equally between the glasses.
- Garnish with chrives and lemon.