This recipe is for soft, tender and super delicious Baked Leek with Creme Fraiche, Pomegranate & Slivered Almonds. This dish mostly prepares itself and only requires a few ingredients. It is perfect to serve as a starter or as a side dish along with you main course. It is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
Leek feels a bit underrated? At least I tend to forget about it and usually don’t use it in my cooking too much. But there has to be a change to it. Because leeks is so versatile and add such a nice flavor to dishes. This spring was the first time I tried making a dish where the leek were the main ingredient. It was this baked leek with Creme fraiche and since then I have been making it on repeat. Because it has a wonderful taste, pairs with just about everything and is so easy to make. You can really experiment with so many different toppings to vary it depending on what your in the mood for or what you have a t home. But this topping is one of my favorites! You have the tender, delicate and warm leek topped with a Creme fraiche to add something creamy and tangy. Then topped with a drizzle of lemon juice for some freshness and pomegranate seeds and slivered almonds to add some crunch. If you’re looking for an easy and super delicious side dish or starter you have to try this recipe. It is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- Cut the leek into equally sized pieces to make sure it has the same cooking time.
- Don’t take the leek out of the oven too early. It should really get soft and tender (but hold a little chewing resistance) and be golden brown. If you take it out too early it will be too hard to chew and have a more distinct leek flavor.
- Serve this dish warm.
- This dish pairs well with almost everything, but my favorite is to serve it along with a nice fish dish.
Ingredients for this Baked Leek with Creme Fraiche, Pomegranate & Slivered Almonds:
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Creme Fraiche
- Pomegranate seeds
- Slivered almonds
Other recipes you might like:
- Grilled Avocado with Roasted Quinoa
- Roasted Summer Vegetables
- Grilled Romain Lettuce
- Garlic Fried Runner Beans
Baked Leek with Creme Fraiche, Pomegranate & Slivered Almonds (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 2 Leeks root and green part cut of
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 10 tsp Creme Fraiche
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 2-3 tbsp Pomegranate seeds
- Slivered almonds, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Cut of the root and green part from the leek. Divide the leek into 4-5 equally long pieces. Then cut them in half lengdthwise.
- Rinse under water.
- Place in an oven safe baking pan and brush with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes (depending on how thick they are).
- When done in the oven top with creme fraiche, lemon juice, pomegranate seeds and slivered almonds.
- Serve warm.