These Beetroot Bites filled with Goat Chees Cream are super cute, delicious, feels luxurious but are so easy to make! You only need six key ingredients and some patience while the beetroot are being cooked. These Beetroot Bites filled with Goat Chees Cream are gluten & grain free and low carb.
You all know Im a huge fan of appetizers, love goat cheese and nuts about beetroots. So this might just be one of my all time favorite appetizers I’ve ever made. I love everything about it (if I might say so myself). The look, the taste, the combination of ingredients and of course the colors. These Beetroot Bites filled with Goat Chees Cream are so easy to make, even though they look ver fancy and luxurious. You only need to have some patience while the beetroot is cooking (I actually suggest that you cook a few beetroots at the same time to use for other purposes, even though this recipe only calls for one beetroot). When the beetroots are cooked and peeled this appetizer only take five minutes to put together. Slice the beetroot into thin slices, preferably using a mandolin. Add the goat cheese cream. Top with thick balsamic vinegar and roughly chopped pistachio nuts and put another slice of beetroots on top. Adding micro greens on top is totally optional. Anyways, this taste combination is to die for if you ask me. You have the soft, tender and sweet beetroots, filled with a tart, earthy and tangy goat cheese filling, topped with rich and sweet balsamic vinegar and crunchy pistachio nuts.
Ingredients for these Beetroot Bites filled with Goat Chees Cream:
- Goat cheese
- Creme Fraîche or plain yogurt
- Black pepper
- Thick balsamic vinegar
- Pistachio nuts
- Micro greens (optional)
Other recipe you might like:
- Pear & Serrano Bites (Gluten Free, Keto, Paleo & Low Carb)
- Blini with Creme Fraiche, Fish Roe & Salmon (Gluten Free)
- Date Bite with Blue Cheese (Gluten Free)
- Sweet Potato Crostini with Cremates Cheese, Pomegranate & Cranberries (Gluten Free)
- Fresh Figs with Goat Cheese & Prosciutto
- Sweet Potato Hash Browns with Plums & Feta Cheese
- Sweet Potato Crostini with Cream Cheese & Smoked Salmon
Beetroot Bites filled with Goat Chees Cream (Gluten, Grain Free, Low Carb)
- 1 large Beetroot cooked and peeled
- 50 g Goat cheese
- 2-3 tbsp Creme Fraiche or yogurt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 8-10 Pistachio nuts roughly chopped
- Thick balsamic vinegar
- Micro greens, to garnish
- Cook the beetroot until soft.
- Drain and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Peel and slice (preferably using a mandolin) the beetroot until you have 12 slices.
- Combine goat cheese and creme fraiche/yogur and black peppert in a small bowl.
- Put six beetroot slices on a plate.
- Add the goat cheese cream on top (about 1-2 tsp on each).
- Top with balsamic vinegar and rouchly chopped pistachio nuts.
- Put the rest of the beetroot slices on top of the goat cheese cream.
- Top with micro greens.