This is a starter, pre-dinner snack or appetizer that has fall written all over it. It’s easy to make, it only requires a few key ingredients and bring that fall feeling to the table! If there is one appetizer or pre-dinner snack you should make, it’s this one!
First and foremost, choose a bread that you love! They bread isn’t the key ingredients, not at all. But it sure makes a big difference which one you use. I used a gluten free ciabatta since I don’t eat gluten. Second, make sure you don’t fry the chanterelles for too long, so that they don’t get dry and boring. They should be warm, golden brown and juicy. That will make the biggest difference when making a chanterelle toast. As you might know, Im not the biggest fan of butter or olive oil. But for this toast I really recommend you to fry the mushrooms in butter (vegan works fine as well). It makes the chanterelles creamier, they get golden brown and it brings out all the flavors. I love to keep my chanterelle toast simple. So I just fry them in butter, add a little bit of creme fraîche, and season them with some salt and white pepper. At the end I just add some roughly chopped parsley and lingonberries.
Ingredients for these Chanterelle Toasts:
- Creme Fraîche
Other recipes you might like:
- Skagenröra Seed Cracker Bites
- Black Bean Sliders
- Prosciutto & Peach Flat Bread Pizza
- Swedish Tapas (Gluten & Oil Free)
- Sweet Potato Hash Browns with Plums & Feta Cheese
- 5 slices Bread
- 1 tsp Butter (or olive oil)
- 100 g Chanterelles cleaned and divided into smaller pieces
- 1-2 tbsp Creme fraîche
- 1/2 Shallot finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Lingonberries
- Salt, to taste
- White pepper, to tate
- Parsley, to top roughly chopped
- Preheat two nonstick pans over medium heat
- Add the butter and shallots to one of the pans and let it fry for 2-3 minutes until it starts to get golden brown and soft.
- In the other pan add the bread and let it fry and get warm for approximately 2 minutes on each side. Flip when it starts to get golden brown.
- Add the chanterelles to the shallots and fry until the are golden brown.
- Add the creme fraîche and season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Put the bread on a plate and add the fried chanterelles on top.
- Top with fresh parsley and lingonberries.