This is a light and healthier version of the classic cheese cake. I love a good cheese cake, but I often tend to feel that they are a bit too heavy for my taste. You eat it, and its wonderful, but a few minutes later it’s like you hit the wall due to the heaviness. So I decided to make a higher and healthier version of this wonderful dessert. I also added cherries, since we’re in the middle of cherry season and the combination of cherries and cheese cake is just unbeatable!
You can of course skip the cherries or replace them with any other berry of choice! Im really keen on making a raspberry, blackberry or strawberry version as well.
Ingredients for this Cherry Cheese Cake:
- Plain yoghurt
- Apple sauce
- Liquid sweetener (I used Fiber Syrup)
- Low fat cream cheese
- Stevia granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon juice
- Corn starch
- Potato starch or tapioca flour
Cherry Cheese Cake (Light & Healthy)
For the crust:
- 4 dl Oats
- 1/2 dl Plain Yoghurt
- 1/2 dl Apple sauce
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp Liquid sweetener (optional, I did not use it)
For the cheese cake:
- 350 g Low fat cream cheese room temperatured
- 3,5 dl Plain yoghurt
- 3 Eggs room temperatured
- 2 tbsp Stevia granulated sugar (or 1,5-2 dl regular sugar)
- 1 tsp Vanila extract
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Corn starch
For the cherry sauce:
- 15 Cherries Cut in two and pitted
- 4 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2-1 tbsp Potato starch or tapioca flour
- Start by making the cherry sauce by adding the ingredients in a pot. Let it shimmer for 15-20 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Line a spring form with parchment paper and grease the sides.
- Mix oats in a blender until you have a oat flour.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients for the crust together with the oat flour in a bowl until combined.
- Spread the crust in the prepared spring form evenly. Press it well so that it sits.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until it starts to get golden brown.
- Lower the temperature to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Meanwhile beat the cream cheese in a blender until fluffy.
- Add yoghurt and mix again until combined. Dont mix for too long.
- Add one egg at a time, blend in between each egg.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, corn starch and vanilla extract and mix until everything is combined.
- Add batter to the spring form.
- Drop spoonfulls of cherries with some room apart.
- Using a knife gently make big swirls.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, until golden brown. Its should still be a bit wobbly in the center.
- Let it cool completely before cutting.