Is there anything better than putting your favorite food on the grill? I think not. Grilled chicken is a real favorite of mine during summer. It’s not too heavy, but still filling. A tender grilled chicken fillet with grilled peach and heirloom tomatoes is one of my favorite summer dishes. I love how simple it is, but yet full of flavor. I always try to use fruits and vegetables that are in season. By doing so you don’t need much more, since they are filled with flavor.
By putting the peach and tomatoes on the grill, you really bring out the best of them. They get even sweeter and more tender than when they are raw. But don’t worry! If you don’t have a grill you can makes this using a grill pan and oven as well. And the taste is almost as delicious as from the grill.
I served this grilled dish along with my Cauliflower Tabbouleh. Its such a perfect match, really urge you to try it out!
Ingredients for this Chicken, Peach & Heirloom Tomatoes from the grill:
- Chicken fillet
- Heirloom tomatoes
- Cauliflower Tabbouleh
Chicken, Peaches & Heirloom Tomatoes from the Grill
- 2 Oranic chicken fillets
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 2 Heirloom tomatoes sliced
- 2 Peaches or Nectarines pitted and sliced
- Combine garlic and lemon juice in a bowl and add the chicken to it. Make sure the lemon garlic marinade covers all parts of the chicken.
- Slice the peaches/nectarines and tomatoes.
- Light up the grill or use a grill pan if you don't have a grill.
- If using a grill pan turn on the oven and preheat to 150 degrees Celsius.
- If using a grill pan fry the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side. Then put it in the oven for additional 12-15 minutes (or until done). Make sure not to over bake the chicken so it doesn't get dry.
- Meanwhile the chicken is in the oven fry the tomatoes and peaches in the grill pan until you have grill marks and they are warm.
- Otherwise grill the chicken on the grill for 10 minutes, then add tomatoes and peaches/nectarines and grill until chicken is done and the tomatoes and peaches has grill marks and are soft and warm.
- Serve immediately.