This recipe is for healthy, fudgy and delicious Chickpea Brookies. These brookies are really easy to make, only require 10 minutes of your time and taste amazing. They are both vegan, gluten and sugar free. Since they’re made with healthy ingredients and are sugar free they are good to serve both for breakfast, afternoon snack or dessert.
Why choose between brownies and chocolate chip cookies when you can have both? The combination of brownies and chocolate chip cookies might be one of the best combinations ever invented. Don’t you agree? These chickpea brookies are really easy to make, are super fudgy, rich in flavor, delicious and healthy at the same time. They are perfect to make if you want a healthy high protein snack or dessert that still tastes like a regular one. And I promise, you won’t even notice that there is a single chickpea in them! These brookies are both vegan, gluten and sugar free.
A few tips:
- Make sure to blend the ingredients until you have a smooth batter. You don’t want to have any big chunks of chickpeas left. You might need to stop and scrape the sides a few times while blending.
- I used peanut butter when making mine, but you can choose any nut or seed butter you have at home or prefer. But it might impact the taste slightly.
- You can either use chocolate and chop it roughly or use chocolate chips.
- When the brookie is done in the oven the batter will still feel a bit loose and wet. It will become more firm when it has cooled down completely.
- Don’t cut the brookie until it’s completely cool. Otherwise it might break and it will also bee to loose to cut properly.
- These brookies are good to store in the fridge for up to five days.
- Store them in an airtight food container.
Ingredients for these Chickpea Brookies:
- Peanut Butter (or any other nut or seed butter of your choice)
- Plant based milk (I used almond)
- Fiber syrup
- Stevia granular sugar
- Vanilla stevia drops
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Oat flour
- Cacao powder
- Chocolate or chocolate chips
Other recipes you might like:
- Fudgy Avocado Brownie (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Sugar & Oil Free, Low Carb)
- Healthy Zucchini & Banana Bars (Vegan, Gluten, Dairy, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Spiced Sheet Cake (Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Fudgy Black Bean Cherry Brownies (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
Chickpea Brookies (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- 2 (500g) cans Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 dl Peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 1 dl Plant based milk
- 1/2 dl Fiber syrup
- 2-4 tbsp Stevia granular sugar
- 2-3 drops Vanilla stevia drops
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 dl Oat flour
- 2/3 dl Cacao powder
- 3-4+1 tbsp Chocolate/chocolate chips roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celcius.
- Add all ingredients except oat flour, cacao powder and chocolate to a blender and blend until you have a smooth batter.
- Divide the batter between two bowls. Add cacao powder to one and oat flour and roughly chopped chocolate or chocolate chips to the other. Combine using a spatula.
- Place the brownie batter in parchment lined baking pan.
- Add the chocolate chip cookie dough batter on top. Top with more chocolate.
- Bake in the oven for 20-23 minutes, depending on how fudgy you prefer your brookies.
- Let them cool before cutting into pieces.