This recipe is for a warming, tasty and flavorful chickpea curry. It is realyl easy to make, only require a staple ingredients and is ready in 15 minutes. This curry is perfect for meal pep purposes or for a cozy weekday meal. It is vegetarian and can easily be made vegan.
This chickpea curry is a really delicious, creamy and flavorful curry. It has a mix fresh and dry spices and is really easy to make. You find fresh ginger, garlic, red onion, ground turmeric, cumin and paprika powder in it. I also added some tomato paste for sweetness and fresh tomatoes for some freshness. The chickpeas provide a meaty texture and makes this curry filling and comforting. I made my curry with Creme Fraiche, it make the curry rich with a hint of source. But it can be replaced by coconut milk or vegan Creme Fraiche options. This dish is perfect to make for meal prep purposes, for cozy weekday meals and can be varied and adapted according to preferences.
A few tips:
- Let the ginger, garlic, red onion tomato paste and dry spices fry on medium heat for a few minutes. That will make the flavors come out more, so don’t stress the first part of the recipe.
- You can adapt the amount of ginger and garlic depending on how spicy you prefer your curry.
- Use fresh spinach in the curry and not frozen. Frozen spinach can make the curry too chewy and watery.
- This curry can be divided into portion sizes and frozen.
- If you freeze your curry I would recommend you to thaw it over night and then reheat either in a pot on low heat or in the micro wave.
Ingredients for this Chickpea Curry:
- Creme Fraiche
- Fresh ginger
- Red onion
- Tomato paste
- Ground turmeric
- Ground cumin
- Fresh spinach
- Cauliflower rice
Other recipes you might like:
- Lentil Curry (Vegan)
- Healthy Chicken Larb with Cauliflower Rice
- Sesame Fried Cauliflower Rice with Marinated Aubergine (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free)
- Open Lentil Moussaka (Vegan & Oil Free)
Chickpea Curry (Vegetarian)
- 1 can Chickpeas drained
- 250 g Creme fraiche
- 1-2 tsp Fresh ginger grated
- 1-2 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 Red onion finely diced
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 tsp Ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 2 small Tomatoes diced
- 100 g Fresh spinach
- Fresh cilantro, to garnish
- 2 dl Cauliflower rice
- Preaheat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add the minced ginger and garlic and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the diced red onion and fry for another minute until it starts to get soft and a bit caramelized.
- Add tomato paste and combine well.
- Next add the spices and combine again and let fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes, chickpeas and creme fraiche and let shimmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the fresh spinach, combine and shimmer another 2-3 minutes until warm.
- Serve with cauliflower rice and top with fresh cilantro.