These Chocolate Covered Funfetti Popsicles are perfect to make for Valentines Day or when you want to make a fun, cute and delicious dessert or sweet treat that is both pretty and tastes amazing. The popsicles are both vegan, gluten and sugar free, and super easy to make.
Popsicles always make life more fun, that’s something I really do believe. It’s something about eating dessert from a stick, it makes me feel like a kid again, brining back memories from when I was little. Because popsicles have always been one of my absolute favorite things to eat! But popsicles doesn’t always have to be ice cream… I love expanding my horizon and been making lot of different popsicles, both sweet and savory! This time I made a chocolate covered funfetti cake popsicle with heart sprinkles on top. Because if there is one thing that is more fun than just a popsicle, it has to be popsicles with funfetti in them. Can you come to think of something more fun, playful and pretty? These chocolate covered popsicles are great to make for Valentines Day or when you just want to create a fun and a little different dessert that will be appreciated by both kids and adults. These popsicles are both vegan, gluten and sugar free and really easy to make!
A few tips:
- I used this aquafaba powder when making these popsicles. But you can of course sub it for the same amount of aquafaba water from drained chickpeas.
- I recommend you to use silikon molds when making these popsicles, just to make sure they don’t break when you remove them from the molds.
- Preferably melt one chocolate sort at a time you have time to dip the popsicles while the chocolate is hot and melted.
- Transfer the melted chocolate into a high glass before dipping. It will make it easier to dip them evenly.
- Preferably dip one popsicle at a time and then immediately add the sprinkle to make sure it sticks properly to the chocolate.
- Store these popsicles in the fridge for up to five days.
Ingredients for these Chocolate Covered Funfetti Cake Popsicles:
- Aquafaba powder (or aquafaba from chickpeas)
- Apple sauce
- Nut butter
- Oat flour
- Rice flour
- Stevia granular sugar
- Baking soda
- White chocolate
- Dark chocolate
- Heart formed sprinkle
- Round sprinkle
Other recipes you might like:
- Chocolate Covered Brownie Popsicles (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Breakfast Popsicles
- 4 Ingredients Salted Caramel Popsicles (Vegan, Paleo, Dairy & Sugar Free)
- Red Wine Chocolate Truffles (Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Lava Cake (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
Chocolate Covered Funfetti Popsicles (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Silikon molds
For the funfutti cake
- 1 Aquafaba egg (1/3 tsp aquafaba powder & 3 tbsp water)
- 1 dl Apple sauce
- 1/3 dl Nut butter (I used almond)
- 1 1/2 dl Oat flour
- 1 1/2 dl Rice flour
- 1/2-1 dl Stevia granular sugar
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tbsp Funfetti
For the topping
- 100 g White chocolate
- 100 g Dark chocolate
- 2-3 tsp Heart formed sprinkles
- 2-3 tbsp Round sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Combine aquafaba powder and water in a small bowl.
- Add the aquafaba egg, apple sauce and blend for a few seconds.
- Add the nut butter to the blender and mix again.
- Combine oat flour, rice flour, stevia sugar and baking powder in a ball.
- Add the dry ingredients to the blender and mix until combined. The batter will be quite thick.
- Add funfetti to the batter and fold in using a spoon.
- Divide the batter into 4-8 ice cream silikon molds (depending on how big your molds are.
- Tap the molds against the countertop to remove air bubbles.
- Insert popsicle sticks and bake in the oven for 12-18 minutes (depending on how big you molds are).
- When done let them cool completely before removing them from the molds.
- When cooled melt dark and white chocolate in seperate bowls. (Preferably one at a time to make sure the chocolate is hot and melted when you dip the popsicles in it)
- Add the melted chocolate to a high glass, it make it easier to dip them.
- Dip half of the popsicles in dark chocolate and half in white.
- Add sprinkle quickly while the chocolate still is melted.