This recipes is for Chokladbollar/Swedish Chocolate Balls with a twist. They are really easy to make and ready in only 10 minutes. They are perfect to have as an afternoon snack or healthy dessert. They are both gluten, dairy, sugar and oil free.
Swedish “chokladbollar” or… chocolate balls are one of our most classic and most loved sweet treats or snacks. They are usually made with butter, oats, sugar, cacao powder and coffee and then coated in wither pearl sugar or shredded coconut. Swedish chocolate balls are really addictive and the ultimate snack. My version of Swedish chocolate balls are a healthier than regular once, but still as delicious. Instead of using butter as the base I used black beans to make these chocolate balls. But don’t you worry, you would never have guessed that there is a single black bean in these balls if I hadn’t told you! Since my chocolate balls are much healthier and a great source of protein they’re perfect to have for breakfast, afternoon snack, post workout snack or as an healthy dessert.
A few tips:
- Make sure to mix the black beans until completely smooth. There should be almost no pieces left.
- Adding coffee is optional but recommended.
- If you prefer the chocolate balls sweeter then you can either add 1-2 tablespoons stevia granular sugar or 1-2 more dates.
- Store these chocolate balls in the fridge.
- They are good to store in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
Ingredients for these Chokladbollar/Swedish Chocolate Balls:
- Black beans
- Cacao powder
- Shredded coconut
- Stevia granular sugar (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Chocolate Hummus (Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free)
- Berry Filled Bliss Balls (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Fudgy Avocado Brownie (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Chickpea Brookies (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Fudgy Black Bean Cherry Brownies (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
Chokladbollar/Swedish Chocolate Balls (Gluten, Sugar, Dairy Free)
- 1 can Black beans drained and rinsed
- 3/4-1 dl Cacao powder
- 1 1/2 dl Oats
- 1/2 dl Shredded coconut + more for coating
- 2-3 tbsp Coffee (depending on how strong coffee taste you prefer)
- 6-8 Dates pitted
- 1-2 tbsp Stevia granular sugar (optionl, if you prefer the chocolate balls even sweeter)
- A pinch of Salt
- Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Add the beans to a high speed blender and mix until smooth. Stop and scrape the sides as needed. There should be almost no pieces of beans left.
- Add the cacao powder, oats, shredded coconut, coffe, dates and salt.
- Mix until combined, but there should still be some pieces of the oats left, so don't mix for too long.
- Taste to check if you want the balls even sweeter. If yes, add stevia granular sugar or more dates and mix quickly again.
- Roll equally sized balls and cover in shredded coconut.
- Store in the fridge.