This recipe is for easy, fluffy and super delicious Cinnamon Bun Pancakes. These pancakes only requires a few key ingredients and are ready to serve in about 25 minutes. Make them for breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon snack or dessert. They are both gluten and refined sugar free.
Who loves cinnamon buns? And who loves pancakes? At least I do!! So combining these two into cinnamon bun pancakes is a must if you love them just as much as I do! These pancakes are fluffy and light with a taste of cinnamon and topped with a wonderful and delicious cinnamon swirl on top. The swirl is made with apple sauce, cinnamon and stevia sugar, which makes it both sweet and creamy yet not too heavy or overwhelming. These pancakes are delicious to serve on their own, or with some yogurt, whipped cream or ice cream on the side. I also love making some cinnamon fried apples to serve along with them. These pancakes are perfect to make both for breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon snack or dessert. They are both gluten and refined sugar free.
A few tips:
- Make sure that the apple sauce is completely smooth without any small bites left in it. Otherwise the apple pieces might stick in the piping bag resulting in a clogged pipe.
- If making your own apple sauce make sure to use sweet apples since they act as a sweetener in the swirl. I would recommend you not to use the more sour apples.
- You can adapt the amount of sugar and cinnamon according to taste. Start by adding a little and then adding more if needed.
- Don’t make the swirl too small or tight since the filling will spread when you flip the pancakes. Also don’t use too much filling since it will end up all over the pancake once fried.
- I like to place my pancakes in the oven on low temperature to keep them warm meanwhile frying the rest of the batter.
Ingredients for this Cinnamon Bun Pancakes:
- Oat flour
- Plain yogurt
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Coconut oil
- Apple sauce
- Stevia sugar
Other recipes you might like:
- Almond Flour Pancakes (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Oven Baked Banana Pancake (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Swedish Pancakes (Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free)
- Saffron Pancakes (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Oat Flour Dutch Baby with Yogurt & Fresh Berries (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Pancake Breakfast Cereal (Gluten Free)
Cinnamon Bun Pancakes (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- 2 Eggs
- 4 dl Oat flour
- 2 dl Milk
- 3/4-1 dl Plain yogurt (not a thick one, the more runny kind)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1-1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- Coconut oil, to fry
For the cinnamon bun swirl filling
- 1 dl Apple sauce
- 1/2-3/4 dl Stevia sugar (according to taste)
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- Combine the ingredients for the cinnamon swirl and place in a piping bag.
- Add the ingredients for the pancakes (except for the coconut oil) in a high speed blender and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Preheat one or two nonstick pans over medium heat with some coconut oil.
- Place about 3/4 dl of batter in the hot pan and fry for about 1-2 minutes, until it starts to get golden brown. Using the piping bag make a swirl on the unfried side of the pancakes. Make sure not to make the swirl too tight since the filling will spread a bit when you flip and fry the swirl side.
- Gently flip the pancake and fry for another 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- I like to keep my pancakes warm by placing them in the oven on low heat (100 degrees or so) while I fry the rest of the batter.
3 thoughts on “Cinnamon Bun Pancakes (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)”