This Sweet Potato Hash with Black Kale, Beans & Bell Pepper is easy to make, delicious and healthy. You only need a few staple ingredients, one pan and 20 minutes to put this dish together. This sweet potato hash is vegetarian, since I topped mine with feta cheese. But if you want to make it vegan you can either skip the cheese or replace the feta with a vegan cheese instead.
Potato hash, amongst a few other dishes, are one of my favorite weekday meals to make. It’s perfect to make either if you just want to throw something together with what you have at home or when you lack inspiration to come up with anything else to eat. Because my philosophy is that adding everything you like in a pan can’t go wrong! Do you agree? A potato hash is also so easy to vary, so it doesn’t have to become boring. Just by varying sweet potatoes with regular ones, using different kind of beans/meat/fish or throwing in different vegetables will make the dish feel like something completely different. Another great thing with potato hash is that it’s perfect to make out of leftovers you have in the fridge, giving them a make over by throwing together a delicious hash.
Ingredients for this Easy Sweet Potato Hash with Black Kale, Beans & Bell Pepper:
- Sweet potato
- Black beans
- Red bell pepper
- Black kale
- Feta cheese
Other recipes you might like:
- Green Shakshouka
- Asparagus & Feta Cheese Omelette
- Halloumi Salad/Lettuce Wrap (Gluten Free)
- Brunch Tacos with Black Beans, Fried Egg & Home Made Salsa (Gluten &Dairy Free)
Easy Sweet Potato Hash with Black Kale, Beans & Bell Pepper (Vegetarian)
- 1 medium Sweet potato diced
- 2-3 tbsp Water
- 1 can Black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 Red bell pepper cored and diced
- 1 small Yellow onion finely chopped
- 2-3 stems Black kale divided into smaller pieces
- 1/2 package Feta cheese (or sub for vegan cheese) crumbled
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 Lime juiced
- Cilantro, to top
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add the diced sweet potato and 2-3 tbsp of water and let it sauté in the water until it has evaporated.
- Add the bell pepper and yellow onion and let it fry together with the sweet potatoes until it starts to get soft and golden brown.
- Add the black beans and kale and fry for another 2-3 minutes until the beans and kale is warm.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the lime juice. Stir together to make sure the lime juice coats all of the hash.
- Serve on two plates. Top with crumbled feta cheese (or vegan cheese) and cilantro.