This Folded Spicy Jackfruit Wraps recipe is crispy, flavorful and totally additive. These folded wraps are made using a few simple ingredients and only take 20 minutes to prepare. They are perfect to serve as appetizers, starters or main course. These folded spicy jackfruit wraps are both vegan, gluten and sugar free.
Spicy pulled jackfruit, crunchy fresh lettuce, a herby and creamy dressing, melted cheese and crunchy tortilla. Thats what you get when you make these folded spicy jackfruit wraps. How awesome does that sound?! These folded jackfruit wraps are a fun, delicious and crispy alternative to the more traditional tacos. If you want to up you taco game you need to try these folded jackfruit wraps. They are perfect to serve as appetizers, finger food or main course and are really easy to adapt to food preferences. They are also both vegan, gluten and sugar free.
A few tips:
- Use big tortillas, otherwise they will be hard to fold and turn out really small.
- Make sure to pull the jackfruit well into thin stripes.
- You can adjust the amount or sriracha according to how spicy you prefer your wraps.
- I used a sugar free chili sauce for these wraps.
- Use any (vegan) cheese you like.
- Use any herbs you like or have at home. I used cilantro and mint.
- I used fresh herbs, but you can swap them for dry herbs if you don’t have any fresh ones at home.
- Fry the tortilla wrap on medium heat until its golden brown, the jackfruit mixture is warm and the cheese has melted.
Ingredients for these Folded Spicy Jackfruit Wraps:
- Gluten Free & Vegan Tortillas
- Yellow onion
- Sriracha sauce
- Vegan Creme fraiche or yogurt
- Fresh herbs (I used cilantro and mint)
- (Vegan) Cheese
Other recipes you might like:
- Black Bean Fajitas (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Brunch Tacos with Black Beans, Fried Egg & Home Made Salsa (Vegetarian, Gluten & Dairy Free)
- Halloumi Tacos (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Halloumi Lettuce Wrap (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Beef Tacos with Kiwi Salsa (Gluten & Dairy Free)
- Asian Style Salad Cups with Shrimps
- Hot Smoked Salmon Tacos with Orange (Gluten Free)
Folded Spicy Jackfruit Wraps (Vegan & Gluten &Sugar Free)
- 8 Gluten free tortilla wraps
- 250 g Jackfruit in water drained
- 1 Yellow onion minced
- 2-3 tbsp Chili sauce (sugar free)
- 1/2-1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 1/2 dl Vegan Creme fraiche or yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp Fresh herbs (I used cilantro and mint) minced
- 1/2 Lime juiced
- 1/2 Lettuce head thinly sliced
- 16 slices Cheese (or about 3-4 dl grated cheese)
- 1 Lime cut into wedges
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and fry until golden brown and soft.
- Add the drained jackfruit and pull it apart into stripes or small pieces and add it to a bowl and combine with chili sauce, sriracha and fried onion.
- In a separate bowl combine vegan Creme fraiche/yogurt, minced fresh herbs and lime juice. Add salt if needed and preferred.
- Slice the lettuce head thinly.
- Preheat one or two nonstick pans over medium heat.
- To assemble the wraps cut down from the center of the tortilla to the edge. Now you will start by adding the jackfruit on 1/4 of the tortilla (starting at the bottom left corner, having the cut slice down). Then add sliced lettuce on the top left quarter. Next add the herb dressing on the upper right corner and finish off my adding cheese on the left bottom corner.
- Next fold the left bottom corner (where the jackfruit is lying) up over the left top corner where the lettuce is. Now continue folding clockwise, folding it over the herb dressing and last over the cheese. Now your tortilla should look like a quarter.
- Place in the hot pan and fry for 3-4 minutes, until the tortillas are warm, golden brown and the cheese has melted. Repeat with remaining tortillas.