This recipe for making home made granola butter is easy, simple and quick. You only need two ingredients and a high speed blender. By choosing your favorite granola it’s easy to adapt according to food preferences and allergies. It can therefore be make vegan, gluten, grain, sugar free, low carb and paleo.
We all know all the endless variations of nut and seed butters and spreads. But have you tried granola butter yet? I was so intrigued when I first read about it.. and thought “I need to order it right away”. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to find anyone selling it in Sweden. So I had to make it myself. And to be honest, its silly easy, so no need to buy it in the store! The great thing with a granola butter is that you can vary it endlessly by choosing different types of granolas. You only need two ingredients; Granola and coconut oil. And then you’re all set and have a home made spread. Granola butter (of course depending on which one you use) is sweeter and has a richer taste than regular butters if you ask me. This since you have several different ingredients in a granola. This spread is really great to use just as you would use a regular nut or seed butter/spread.
A few tips on how to use it:
- Top your breakfast bowl
- Add it as topping on your toast
- Bake with it
- Make energy bars
- Top pancakes
Ingredients for this Granola Butter:
- Granola of your choice
- Coconut oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Chocolate Hummus (Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free)
- Blueberry Balsamic Sauce (Sugar Free)
- Pear Sauce with Cardamom (Sugar Free)
- Applesauce (Sugar Free)
- Plum Jam/Sauce (Sugar Free)
- 1 package Granola (of your choice)
- 1-2 tbsp Coconut oil melted and slightly cooled
- Add granol and coconut oil to a highspeed blender and mix until smooth. Stop to scrape the sides every know and then if needed. Mix until a butter has formed. The amount of coconut oil will afftect the thickness of the butter. If you prefer a smoother butter add more coconut oil, and for a thicker butter less.