This is a quick, easy and fresh green salad. It only requires about 10-15 minutes of your time and a few key ingredients. This salad is perfect to serve on its own, as a side dish to your main course or just add your favorite protein on top. It is both vegan, gluten, grain free and low carb.
A green salad might be one of my favorite salads to make. It just feels so fresh, delicious and energizing! I love to keep them quite simple, just a few key ingredients not adding too much sauce, dressing etc. This green goddess salad bowl is perfect when you want a quick, easy, fresh and nutritious salad bowl. It only requires a few key ingredients, is partly raw and partly fried and then just served with fresh lemon juice, basil and sesame seeds. This salad is perfect to eat on its own, to serve as a side dish to your main course or to top with your favorite protein. It is both vegan, gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- I love to cut my vegetables into different sizes and shapes. This makes the salad more interesting.
- I always use the broccoli stems as well. They are very nutritious, crunchy and perfect to add to a salad. Just make sure that you trim them well, making sure that the outer dry and hard parts are removed.
- I fried the asparagus and zucchini but kept the broccoli raw. If you prefer your broccoli fried then that’s also delicious and go ahead and add it to the pan.
- When frying the vegetables make sure to use a hot pan, let them fry until they start to soften and get golden brown, but don’t fry them for too long. You don’t want them to be fully cooked though, they should still hold some crunch.
- I wanted to make this salad really fresh and clean. Therefore I only used lemon juice as “dressing” but you can of course add any dressing you prefer.
Ingredients for this Green Goddess Salad:
- Mixed green leafs
- Green bell pepper
- Sesame oil
- Fresh basil
- Sesame seeds
Other recipes you might like:
- Sugar Snap Salad with Lemon & Chive Dip
- Cucumber & Radish Salad
- Zucchini Carpaccio
- Half Baked Salad (Vegan, Paleo, Gluten Free)
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad Bowl (Vegan, Gluten Free & Low Carb)
- Summer Vegetable Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Green Goddess Salad (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 3-4 hands Mixed green leafs (I used mangold, arugula and spinach)
- 1 Green bell pepper cored and sliced
- 6 Asparagus cut into smaller pieces
- 1 Broccoli (I also used the stem) stem trimmed and cut into smaller pieces
- 1/2 Zucchini sliced
- 1 Scallion (both white and green parts) thinly sliced
- Sesame oil, to fry
- 1/2-1 Lemon juiced
- Fresh basil, to taste
- Sesame seeds, to top
- Preheat a nonstick pan with some sesame oil in it.
- Trim the broccoli stem and then cut both the stem and florets into smaller pieces.
- Slice the green bell pepper, cut the asparagus into smaller pieces and slice the zucchini.
- Add green bell pepper and asparagus to the pan and fry for 7-8 minutes (you can also fry the broccoli if prefered, I kept it raw), until softened and starting to get golden brown. They should be warm and a little softened but still hold some crunch and not be fully fried though.
- Turn off the heat and squeeze the lemon juice on top of the vegetables and stir to combine.
- Add salad to two bowls followed by the vegetables.
- Top with sliced scallion, fresh basil and sesame seeds.