This is a recipe for delicious, easy and quick Halloumi Tacos. These tacos only require a few key ingredients and 15 minutes of your time. They are perfect to serve as appetizers, starters or main course. They are both vegetarian, gluten and grain free.
These tacos are a perfect alternative to make when you want to eat vegetarian tacos that are filling yet fresh. They only require a few key ingredients and 15 minutes of your time. They are made with grilled bell pepper, red onion and halloumi and topped with avocado, cilantro, scallion and sour cream or Creme Fraiche. They have a perfect mix of salty, sweet, crunch and creaminess. They can be made both on the grill or in a grill pan, depending on what you have at hand. Serve these tacos as appetizers, starters or as a main course.
A few tips:
- Use a hot grill pan or grill.
- Start by cooking the red onion since it takes the longest time, and then continues with the bell pepper while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Fry the halloumi for 30-60 seconds, it should get grill marks but not get dry.
- Don’t grill or fry the vegetables for too long. They should be warm, softened but still a bit crunchy.
- I would recommend you not to prepare these tacos in advance. They’re best served warm and freshly prepared.
Ingredients for theses Halloumi Tacos:
- Red bell pepper
- Yellow bell pepper
- Red onion
- Sour cream or creme fraiche
- Olive oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Halloumi Salad Lettuce Wrap (Gluten Free)
- Halloumi Quinoa Salad (Gluten Free)
- Hot Smoked Salmon Tacos with Orange
- Bánh Xèo Crispy Vietnamese Pancakes (Gluten Free)
- Spicy Chicken Tacos (Gluten Free)
Halloumi Tacos (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- 4 Tortillas
- 1 package Halloumi sliced
- 1/2 Red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 Yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 Red onion cut into wedges
- 1 Scallion thinly sliced
- 1 Avocado sliced
- 4 tbsp Sour cream or creme fraiche
- 1 Lime cut into wedges
- Cilantro, to top
- Olive oil, to fry
- Preheat a grill pan over medium heat with some olive oil in it.
- Slice the scallion, peel, pit and slice the avocado. Put the sour cream or creme fraiche in a bowl.
- Add the red onion to the grill pan and fry it for 2 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper and fry for 2 minutes.
- Flip both red onion and bell pepper and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Tacke out of the grill pan.
- Add the halloumi and fry for 1-2 minutes on each side, until grill marks start to form.
- When the halloumi is done take it out of the grill pan and add the tortillas on at a time.
- Fry for 20-30 seconds on each side, until grillmarks form.
- Arrange the tacos by adding red bell pepper at the bottom. Then top with halloumi, red onion, scallion, avocado and cilantro. Serve with creme fraich or sour cream on the side.
3 thoughts on “Halloumi Tacos (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)”