I love Korean food, I love food sharing, and I love Tacos! Thats why this dish is an absolute favorite of mine. I also love the idea of making a looooot of small dishes, so this is the perfect dish for those of you who share this “sharing is caring” idea. Also this dish is so easy to vary and adapt to different allergies, food preferences and what you’re in the mood for when making it.
I love making this dish when you have a few friend or family coming over. Its so cozy to sit around the table, prepare your own lettuce cups, make different variant and enjoy a long dinner.
Ingredients for the Korean Ssam:
- Organic beef
- Soya sauce
- Fresh ginger
- Rice vinegar
- Bean sprouts
- Button mushrooms
Korean BBQ Tacos
For the meat
- 200 g Organic beef
- 0,5 small Pear peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 1-2 cm Fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1 tsp Gochujang
For the spinach
- A big pack of Spinach
- 1,5 tbsp Tamari
- 1 tbsp Rice vinegar
For the mushrooms
- 7-8 medium sized Button mushrooms washed, rinsed and sliced
- 1 tbsp Tamari
- 2 tbsp Water
- 8 Lettuce leafs/crisp salad (or mix of both)
- 150 g Kimchi
- 5 Radishes thinly sliced
- 2 portions Rice
- 1 Scallion thinly sliced
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade in a bowl.
- Add the beef and let it rest in the sauce meanwhile you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook the rice according to instructions.
- Put in a small bowl when done.
- Slice the radishes and put in a bowl.
- Put the kimchi in a bowl.
Method for the spinach
- Bring water to a boil in a big pot.
- Turn off the water and add the spinach to the hot water. Leave in for 30-60 seconds.
- Drain the spinach and rund under cold water.
- Squeeze the spinach to remove excess water.
- Combine spinach, tamari and rice vinegar in a bowl.
Method for the mushrooms
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat
- Add the mushrooms and water and let it sauté until the water has steamed away.
- Add the tamari and fry for another 1-2 minutes.
Method for the meat
- Preheat a pan over medium/high heat with some olive oil.
- fry the meat for 2-4 minutes on each side (depending on how rare you prefer your meat).
- When done, slice the meat into thin slices.
- Put in a bowl and garnish with the sliced scallion.
Method for the tacos
- Make your own tacos/cups by putting all ingredients in the lettuce leaf.