I love making my own granola. It so easy and you can vary it endlessly. A good chocolate granola is always a good idea to have at home! I mean, is there anything better than chocolate granola? Well, yes! Chocolate Tahini granola! The tahini give the chocolate that extra boost and lifts it even higher up in the sky. I have two different versions available for this chocolate tahini granola – this nut free – and one grain free as well.
This granola is both sugar and oil free. I prefer my granolas less sweet, so I didn’t add any sweetener to mine at all. But if you prefer your granola a bit sweeter, you can just easily add some liquid sweetener or sweeten it with home made date sauce (its so easy to make, just mix dates with some water in a high speed blender).
Ingredients for this Nut Free Chocolate Tahini Granola:
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Coconut flakes
- Cacao powder
- Sea salt
Nut Free Chocolate Tahini Granola (Vegan, Sugar & Oil Free)
- 3 dl Oats
- 1/2 dl Pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 dl Sunflower seeds
- 1/2 dl Flaxseeds
- 1/2 dl Coconut flakes (optional)
- 3-4 tbsp Cacao powder
- 3-4 tbsp Tahini (depending on how stron tahini taste you prefer)
- 1 tsp Sea salt (optional, but strongly recommended)
- 1-2 tbsp Liquid sweetener or date sauce (2 dates mixed with 3-4 tbsp water depending on how big and dry the dates are) I did not use any sweetener in mine
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the dry ingredients except for the salt in a bowl.
- Add tahini and sweetener (if using) and combine well until all parts are well covered.
- Put on a parchment covered baking sheet in an even layer.
- Sprinkle with sea salt (if using) and bake in the lower part of the oven for 30-35 minutes (or until dry).
- Stir half way.
If you’re interested in the grain free version you can find it here