This recipe is for easy, delicious and healthy Pancake Popovers. These popovers only require five minutes of your time and a few key ingredients that you probably already have at home. These pancake popovers are both gluten, sugar and diary free. Serve them for breakfast, brunch or as a snack.
Who else loves pancakes but don’t really feel like standing frying pancakes for like forever?! At least I don’t! Therefore I love making oven baked pancakes, all different kinds and sort. These pancakes popovers are for classic pancakes just baked in a muffin pan in the oven. These pancake popovers are made with oat flour, dairy free milk, eggs and a little stevia vanilla drops to add some sweetness. These pancakes only require five minutes of your time and the rest is taken care of by the oven. They are perfect to have for breakfast, serve for brunch or for an afternoon snack.
A few tips:
- I recommend you to use a silicon or teflon muffin pan, then you don’t have to grease it or risk the pancakes of sticking.
- Let the batter rest for 5-10 minutes before pouring it into the muffin pan, this to allow the psyllium husk to swell.
- Don’t fill the muffins tins all the way since they will pop during the baking time. Fill them 5/6 part of the tins.
- The pancake popovers are good to store in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Ingredients for these Pancake Popovers:
- Plant based milk
- Oat flour
- Psyllium husk
- Baking powder
- Stevia vanilla drops
- Cinnamon (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Oven Baked Banana Pancake (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Sugar & Oil Free)
- Savory Egg Muffins (Gluten & Grain Free, Low Carb)
- Swedish Pancakes (Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free)
- Sweet Potato French Toast (Gluten, Sugar & Grain Free)
- Oat Flour Dutch Babu with Yogurt & Fresh Berries (Gluten & Sugar Free)
Pancake Popovers (Gluten, Sugar & Dairy Free)
- 3 Eggs
- 4 dl Plant based milk (I used almond)
- 2 1/2 dl Oat flour
- 1 tsp Psyllium husk
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 5-6 drops Stevia vanilla drops
- 2 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees Celcius.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl or using a blender until smooth.
- Add the batter to a muffin pan dividing the batter between 12 muffins tins.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with topping of your choice or eat just as they are.
4 thoughts on “Pancake Popovers (Gluten, Sugar & Dairy Free)”