This is a simple, delicious and sugar free recipe for a Persimmon Sauce. This sauce it perfect to make when persimmons are in season, using them as sauce or jam. This recipe if sugar free and free of conservatives.
There are so many ways of using persimmons. And I really loooove using them when they are in season. I make stuffed persimmon as a savory dish. Persimmon carpaccio for starters. Roasted persimmons for dessert or breakfast. And then I make persimmon sauce that I include in my breakfast, use as a spread or top my desserts with. This persimmon sauce is soooo easy to make, you really only need persimmons to make it. And then you can flavor your sauce according to preferences if you like. This persimmon sauce can also be used for baking, you can use it instead of pumpkin or sweet potato purée or instead of apple sauce. It provides sweetness and moist to any baked goods, and a fantastic flavor that will keep everyone wondering what your secret ingredients is!
How to store persimmon sauce:
This persimmon sauce should be store in a clean jar that has either been washed in a dish washer or boiled in hot water. It good to store in the fridge up to one week.
Ingredients for this Persimmon Sauce:
- Cinnamon (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Apple Sauce (Sugar Free)
- Blueberry Balsamic Sauce (Sugar Free)
- Plum Jam/Sauce (Sugar Free)
- Pear Sauce with Cardamom (Sugar Free)
Persimmon Sauce(Sugar Free)
- 3 Persimmon washed, cored and cut into smaller pieces
- 2 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
- Wash, remove the green part at the top and dice the persimmon into small dices.
- Bring a pot to a boil with 2-3 tablespoons of water in it.
- Add the persimmon and cinnamon (if using) to the pot.
- Let it shimmer for approcimately 20 minutes, until softa and tender.
- Mix using a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add to a clean jar and let it cool completely.
- Store in the fridge.