This recipe is for delicious, easy and healthy Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers. This recipe is very easy to make, only requires a few ingredients and 10 minutes of your time. It is perfect to serve for dinner or to make for meal prep purpose. It is both vegan and gluten free.
Stuffed bell peppers are one of my favorite dishes to make when I want to make something that is both delicious and tasty yet feels fresh and not too heavy but also easy and quick to make. And the best thing really is that you can stuff them with whatever you have at home and perfect to make when you need a fridge clean out. This is a vegan version of classic meat stuffed bell peppers that is both healthy and easy to make. These bell peppers are stuffed with quinoa, mixed vegetables and a delicious tomato sauce.
A few tips:
- Try to fins equally sized bell peppers to make sure the cooking time is the same for all of them.
- I used zucchini, aubergine, yellow onion and red bell pepper for the vegetables. But this is a really great opportunity to clean out your fridge and use any left overs that you have at home.
- Some other vegetables that can be used: carrots, beetroot, leek, celery, spinach, kale to mention a few.
- I used quinoa for these bell peppers, but you can also use rice, cauliflower rice for low carb option and bulgur or couscous if not gluten free.
Ingredients for these Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers:
- Green bell peppers
- Yellow onion
- Red bell pepper
- Canned tomato sauce
- Red chili
- Dry basil
- Paprika powder
Other recipes you might like:
- Zucchini Pappardelle with Tomato Vegetable Sauce
- Zucchini Cauliflower Fritters
- Roasted Eggplant/Aubergine with Lentils & Feta Cheese (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Stuffed Romaine Lettuce Rolls (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Open Lentil Moussaka (Vegan & Oil Free)
- Vegan Zucchini & Ricotta Rolls
- Zucchini Enchiladas with Black Beans (Vegan & Gluten Free)
Quinoa Stuffed Green Bell Peppers (Gluten Free, Vegan)
- 6 Green bell Peppers divided in two and cored
- 2 dl Cooked quinoa
- 1/2 big Yellow onion finely chopped
- 1/2 Aubergine finely diced
- 1/2 Zucchini finely diced
- 1/2 Red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 can Tomato sauce
- 1/2-1 Red chili chopped
- 1-2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Dry basil
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika powder
- 1 tso Cinnamon (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Feta cheese, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and fry until it start to get soft and a little browned.
- Add zucchini, aubergine, chili and red bell pepper to the onions and fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the canned tomato sauce and all the herbs and stir everything together. Let it shimmer for a few minutes.
- Add the cooked quinoa and combine well.
- Stuff the halfed green bell peppers and put in a oven safe dish.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 30-35 minute, until browned on top.
- I added some chopped parsley and crumbled feta cheese on top for serving.