This is a vegan version of the classic meat stuffed bell peppers. The bell peppers are filled with a delicious vegetable sauce that is fresh, filled with lots of herbs and flavor, and quinoa to add protein and make it more filling. These bell peppers are really easy to make, are perfect for meal prep or when cooking for a whole family without spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
This dish is the perfect way of using vegetables that you have in your fridge that are turning a bit sad. You can easily exchange the vegetables I used for the oens you have at home and add to the sauce. These bell peppers can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days without. You can also freeze them after they have cooled completely and then let them thaw over night in the fridge and reheat in the micro wave or oven.
Ingredients for these Quinoa Stuffed Green Bell Peppers:
- Green bell peppers
- Yellow onion
- Red bell pepper
- Canned tomato sauce
- Red chili
- Dry basil
- Paprika powder
More easy and healthy recipes:
Quinoa Stuffed Green Bell Peppers (Gluten Free, Vegan)
- 6 Green bell Peppers divided in two and cored
- 2 dl Cooked quinoa
- 1/2 big Yellow onion finely chopped
- 1/2 Aubergine finely diced
- 1/2 Zucchini finely diced
- 1/2 Red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 can Tomato sauce
- 1/2-1 Red chili chopped
- 1-2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Dry basil
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika powder
- 1 tso Cinnamon (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Feta cheese, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and fry until it start to get soft and a little browned.
- Add zucchini, aubergine, chili and red bell pepper to the onions and fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the canned tomato sauce and all the herbs and stir everything together. Let it shimmer for a few minutes.
- Add the cooked quinoa and combine well.
- Stuff the halfed green bell peppers and put in a oven safe dish.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 30-35 minute, until browned on top.
- I added some chopped parsley and crumbled feta cheese on top for serving.