As you might have noticed I really do love rhubarb. In all way and forms. But this Rhubarb Compote with Yoghurt and Balsamic Vinegar can both be served as breakfast, snack or desert. You might want to skip the vinegar for breakfast though. Its made out of my Rhubarb Compote that only takes 15 minutes to make (I always have a jar ready during rhubarb season) and topped with yoghurt, balsamic vinegar and pistachio nuts.
It might sound crazy to mix rhubarb and yoghurt with balsamic vinegar. But it actually taste so good. The sweet yet tart rhubarb compote ,with fresh sour yoghurt, and sweet balsamic vinegar topped with crunchy nuts makes a divine taste combination.
Ingredients for the Rhubarb Compote with Yoghurt and Balsamic Vinegar:
- Vanilla stevia drops/Vanilla Extract
- Sugar (optional)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Pistachio nuts
Rhubarb Compote with Yoghurt and Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 jar of Rhubarb compote
- 4 tbsp Yoghurt (I used greek yoghurt)
- Some Balsamic Vinegar
- 8 Pistachio nuts roughly chopped
- Divide the rhubarb compote in two glasses or bowls.
- Top with yoghurt.
- Drip some balsamic vinegar (according to taste).
- Sprinkle with chopped pistachio nuts.