Oh how I love the rhubarb season! When rhubarb arrives in the stores you know spring has arrived. There are so many ways of using rhubarb in both baking and cooking. I tend to add it every here and there, just because I want to eat as much as I can of it. But my go to number 1 is this rhubarb compote.
Its silly how easy it is to make it. You just cut the rhubarb into smaller pieces, add some spices and cook it for 10-15 minutes. I add this compote on my morning oats, eat it with yoghurt, put it on a toast or on pancakes, or just eat it like that.
Ingredients for the rhubarb compote:
- Vanilla stevia drop/Vanilla extract
- Sugar (optional)
- 5 stems of Rhubarb
- 1-2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp Water
- 3-4 drops Vanilla stevia drops (can be replaced by 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1-3 tsp Sweetener (Optional, I did not use it)
- Cut the rhubarb stems into smaller pieces.
- Add the rhubarb together with cinnamon and stevia (and sugar is using) in a pot.
- Add the water and let it shimmer on low heat until rhubarb is soft and most of the water has steamed away. Stir occasionally.
- Store in a jar.