This is an easy and delicious recipe for a savory galette with an Italian touch. This ricotta galette is easy to make, is perfect to serve either as an appetizer, finger food or snack. It’s really delicious yet light and fresh. The crust is both gluten free and lower in fat.
Do you like savory galettes? For me savory galettes are like fancy pizzas… but just much easier to make. And just the name make me want to have one. I made my first galette last summer, and it was a sweet version. And then I continued making sweet galettes thought the summer using all different kind of summer fruits. But then autumn came and I started craving savory ones instead. This Italian style galette is really easy to make, taste delicious yet feels light and fresh! If you’re into pizza you’re going to love this one. This galette crust is gluten free and lower in fat. I replaced about half of the butter for greek yogurt instead, which makes it lighter and doesnt get too heavy, yet still is thin and crunchy. The warm ricotta and tomato filling topped with sea salt and fresh rosemary makes the most divine combination that kind of created an amazing taste explosion in your mouth. This savory galette is one of my favorite ones that I’ve ever made. My pizza loving boyfriend said it was one of them most delioucous things he’s ever eaten. So peeps, you have to try it out!
A few tips:
- When making the dough it might feel like its not going to become a dough in the beginning. Just keep on kneading, it will become a firm dough in the end.
- I would really recommend you to put the dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before baking it.
- The crust can be made on before hand and stored in the fridge for up to two days.
- You can also make the crust and freeze half of it and use for another time if you just want to make one smaller one.
- Make sure that the oven is really hot before you put the galette into the oven.
Ingredients for this Italian Stye Galette with Ricotta and Tomatoes:
- Gluten free all purpose flour
- Thick greek yogurt
- Fresh rosemary
Other recipes you might like:
- Fig & Goat Cheese Galette topped with Red Onion (Gluten Free & Less Fat)
- Prosciutto & Fig Flatbread Pizza (Gluten Free)
- Prosciutto & Peach Flatbread Pizza (Gluten Free)
- Herb & Zucchini Flatbread Pizza (Gluten Free & Vegan)
Ricotta & Tomato Galette (Gluten Free & Lower Fat)
For the crust
- 2 1/2 dl Gluten free all purpose flour
- 25 g Butter
- 3/4-1 dl Thick Greek yogurt
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 Egg whisked
For the filling
- 4-5 tbsp Ricotta
- 2-3 Tomatoes sliced
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Fresh rosemary, to garnish
- Start by adding flour, butter, yogurt (start with 3/4 dl) and salt together. Kneed until you have a firm dough. This will take a while (4-5 min). If it really doesnt stick together add a little more yogurt and kneed again.
- Wrap in cling film or put in a plastic bag and let it rest in the fridge for 20-30 minutes. (This step can be skipped).
- When the dough is ready preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Roll the dough either in to one big think circle, or two smaller ones (if making two galettes, I prefer making small ones).
- Add the ricotta on top of the crust spreading it evenly, leaving 1/2-1 cm around the edges. Add tomatoes on top and season with salt and pepper. Fold the dough edges in over the the ricotta and tomatoes.
- Brush with egg wash and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary.