This is a delicious and easy side dish that goes with just about everything. You only need three key ingredients to make this Roasted Tomatoes on a Feta Cheese Yoghurt Bed. As always, I like to keep my recipes easy and focus on good quality ingredients. The key here is to use really good quality cherry tomatoes, and don’t go for the cheap ones. It makes the biggest difference. The creamy feta cheese yoghurt dip combined with the warm and sweet cherry tomatoes is divine. You don’t need much more to have a brilliant side dish. I also like adding some fresh basil, sea salt and black pepper on top.
I don’t use any olive oil in this recipe since Im not a big fan of olive oil. I think that the tomatoes turn out so delicious anyways, and I like to keep it fresh and light. But if you do prefer olive oil, then just sprinkle some on top when putting them in the oven. This dish can be varied by using different cheeses. If you like to make it vegan you can use a vegan yoghurt and add some natural yeast for the cheesy flavor, or even serve it with just plain yoghurt.
Ingredients for these Roasted Tomatoes on a Feta Cheese Yoghurt Bed:
- Good quality cherry tomatoes
- Feta cheese
- (Vegan) plain yoghurt
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Fresh basil
Roasted Tomatoes on a Feta Cheese Yoghurt Bed
- 20 Good quality cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 package Feta cheese
- 3-4 tbsp Plain yoghurt
- Fresh basil roughly chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Add the tomatoes to a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until they're starting to break a little and getting golden brown.
- Meahwhile combine feta cheese and yoghurt using a hand mixer.
- Mix until smooth and a bit fluffy.
- When tomatoes are ready put the feta yoghurt dip on a plate.
- Put warm cherry tomatoes on top.
- Add freshly ground pepper, sea salt and fresh basil on top.
- Serve warm.