This recipe is for a warm, delicious and easy Roasted Tomatoes on a Feta Cheese Yogurt Bed. These tomatoes come together in only 20 minutes and only require three main ingredients. Serve these roasted tomatoes as a starter, main course or side dish. This dish is both gluten, grain, oil free and low carb.
Imagine soft, warm and sweet cherry tomatoes combined with a cold, fresh and tangy feta and yogurt dip. Im drooling just by writing about it! This dish is one of my all time favorite tomato dishes to make since its both easy, quick, taste wonderful and pairs with just about everything! And you only need three key ingredients and five minute to prepare it (the rest is taken care of by the oven). You really don’t need much more to make a brilliant dish. Serve these roasted tomatoes as a starter, main course or side dish. They are both gluten, grain, oil free and low carb.
A few tips:
- Use high quality cherry tomatoes when making this dish. Don’t go for the cheap tasteless once. You really want juicy and sweet tomatoes when making this dish. It really makes the biggest difference.
- The same goes for the feta cheese. Make sure to use a good brand that makes a creamy and flavorful feta cheese.
- I didn’t use any oil when preparing this dish since I prefer it oil free. But if you prefer to add some olive oil, then just sprinkle it on top when putting the tomatoes into the oven.
- The baking time may vary a bit depending on how big and juicy your tomatoes are. But they are ready when they start to wrinkle and the skin is about to crack.
- Serve this dish immediately. You want the tomatoes to be warm when eating them.
Ingredients for these Roasted Tomatoes on a Feta Yoghurt Bed:
- Good quality cherry tomatoes
- Feta cheese
- Greek or plain yoghurt
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Fresh basil
Other recipes you might like:
- Baked Feta Cheese and Grape Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Halloumi & Sweet Potato Stack (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Galia Melon & Mozzarella Salad
- Grilled Mini Aubergines with Herb Gremolata (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Roasted Tomatoes on a Feta Yogurt Bed (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- 20 Good quality cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 package Feta cheese
- 3-4 tbsp Plain yoghurt
- Fresh basil roughly chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Add the tomatoes to a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until they're starting to break a little and getting golden brown.
- Meahwhile combine feta cheese and yoghurt using a hand mixer.
- Mix until smooth and a bit fluffy.
- When tomatoes are ready put the feta yoghurt dip on a plate.
- Put warm cherry tomatoes on top.
- Add freshly ground pepper, sea salt and fresh basil on top.
- Serve warm.