This is a delicious recipe for a fresh, healthy and most of all very tasty salad. This salad only takes 10 minutes to make, is a mix of both warm and cold vegetables and has a delicious crunch to it. It’s both vegan, gluten free and low carb. Serve this salad as a side salad to fish, chicken or meat, include it If you’re making lot of small dishes or just eat it on its own.
Side salads or dishes is just as important as the main dish if you ask me. I would even dare to say it can be a real game changer whether or not the dinner is a success or not. When making side dishes I really love to combine different textures, sizes and tastes. This shaved carrot salad has all of that! At the bottom you have a fresh, light and creamy yogurt sauce. Then you have creamy, sweet and warm sweet potatoes. Followed by fresh shaved carrots and crunchy thinly sliced snow peas. And then topped with crunchy, a little tart pomegranate seeds and tender pistachio nuts. This salad is great to serve with fish, chicken, meat or vegan option… or just on its own!
A few tips:
- Preferably shave and slice the carrot and snow peas just before adding them to the plate. If you slice them in advance put them in ice cold water. This will keep them crunchy and prevent them from getting soggy.
- Make sure to serve the dish just when the sweet potatoes are ready (unless you don’t mind that the potatos are cold). But the warm potatoes make such a nice contrast to the creamy fresh yogurt and the crunchy vegetables.
- Preferably use unsalted pistachio nuts for this dish.
Ingredients for this Shaved Carrot Salad:
- Sweet potato
- Snow pwas
- Pomegranate seeds
- Pistachio nuts
- (Vegan) Yogurt
- Lemon juice
Other recipes you might like:
- Beetroot & Grapefruit Salad
- Sugar Snap Salad with Lemon & Chive Dip
- Cucumber & Radish Salad
- Zucchini & Polka Beet Summer Salad
- Roasted Tomatoes On A Feta Cheese Yogurt Bed
- Beetroot Carpaccio (Using Cooked Beets)
- Easy Winter Salad with Apple & Cranberries
- Beetroot Carpaccio with Fennel & Pomegranate Seeds
Shaved Carrot Salad (Vegan, Gluten Free, Low Carb)
- 1 Carrot shaved using a Y-shaver
- 1 small Sweet potato sliced
- 3-4 Snow peas thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp Pictachio nuts roughly chopped
- 3-4 tbsp (Vegan) Yogurt
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Place the sliced sweet potatoes on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 10 minutes, until soft and golden brown.
- Meanwhile combine yogurt, lemon juice and salt in a small bowl.
- Spread the yogurt evenly on a plate.
- Shave a carrot using a Y-shaver.
- Slice the snow peas as thinly as you can.
- Chop the pistachio nuts.
- When potatoes are ready place them over the yogurt sauce.
- Add shaved carrots, sliced snow peas on top.
- Add pomegranate seeds and roghly chopped pistachio nuts on top.
4 thoughts on “Shaved Carrot Salad (Vegan, Gluten Free, Low Carb)”