These Shrimp Bites with Chimichurri & Nectarine Salsa are fresh, quick to make and delicious. They are also gluten and oil free. I serve them as appetizers or pre-dinner snacks, and they are always very appreciated! I’m not a fan of oil, therefore I made the Chimichurri oil free, but if you prefer adding some oil, be my guest.
Both seafood, chimichurri and salsa is strongly associated with summer for me. Thats why I thought I make some healthy appetizers using those ingredients. Since I love making healthy options I used sweet potatoes as “crostini” instead of bread, and then I made this light and fresh chimichurri without any oil. To top these small bites off I made a salsa using nectarines to enhance the summery flavors and feeling. And the combination of these ingredients is just divine!
Ingredients for these Shrimp Bites with Chimichurri & Nectarine Salsa:
- Sweet potato
- Green chili
- Red onion
- Red chili
Shrimp Bites with Chimichurri & Nectarine Salsa
- 6 slices Sweet potatoes
- 6 Shrimps
Ingredients for the chimichurri
- 1 hand full of Parsley
- 1 hand full of Cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 1/2-1 Green chili pepper
- 1-2 tbsp Water
For the nectarine salsa
- 2 Nectarines finely diced
- 1 Red onion finely chopped
- 1 Tomato finely diced
- 1/2-1 Red chili chopped
- 1 Lime juiced
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Bake the sweet potato slices for approximately 10 minutes.
- Combine nectarines, tomato, red onion, chil and lime in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the ingredients for the chimichurri in a blender. Add som water if needed.
- Preheat a pan over medium/high heat and fry the shrimps for 2-3 minutes on each side, until browned.
- When potatoes are done add about one tablespoon of chimichurri on each. Top with the fried shrimps and some nectarine salsa.