This is a delicious, easy and healthy recipe for a Spiced Chia Pudding. The porrige is flavored with vanilla and cinnamon and is served with apple sauce and a delicious gingerbread granola. It is both vegan and sugar free. This chia pudding is perfect to prepare for breakfast or an afternoon treat.
Making a chia pudding the night before is the easiest way of making sure you’ll have a delicious, nutritious and healthy breakfast or snack the day after. Because to be honest, how many of us have the time or energy to prepare something “advanced” for breakfast during weekdays? I don’t, I’d rather use that time doing something else. The great thing with chia pudding is that you can meal prep it for several days and don’t have to worry about what to eat in the morning. The best thing is to make several different jars with different flavors, so you don’t feel like you’re eating the same thing every morning.
If you love a good breakfast, you will love this delicious spiced chia porridge. It has feels warming and comforting, even though the pudding is cold. It is spiced with vanilla and cinnamon. Making it just enough sweet for my taste. If you prefer a sweeter pudding you can just add a little bit of liquid sweetener when making the porridge. I served this chia pudding with home made apple sauce and gingerbread granola. But you can add any kind of granola you have at home and it will be delicious. If you have the time and possibility I would recommend you to warm the apple sauce a little bit before adding it to the jars/glasses. It makes such a lovely combination with the cold pudding.
Ingredients for this Spiced Chia Pudding with Apple Sauce & Gingerbread Granola:
- Chia seeds
- Unsweetened plant based milk
- Stevia vanilla drops or vanilla extract
- Apple sauce
- Gingerbread granola
Other recipes you might like:
- Vanilla Oatmeal with Roasted Figs & Coconut Flakes (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Roasted Persimmon with Yoghurt & Nuts
- Baked Spiced Oatmeal with Pecan & Sunflower Crumble (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Grain Free Chocolate Tahini Granola (Vegan Sugar & Oil Free)
Spiced Chia Pudding with Apple Sauce & Gingerbread Granola (Vegan & Sugar Free)
For the chia pudding
- 3 tbsp Chia seeds
- 2 dl Unsweetened plantbased milk (I used almond)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2-3 drops Vanilla stevia drops or 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the topping
- 6 tbsp Apple sauce (I used home made)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
- 3-4 tbsp Gingerbread granola
- Combine chia seeds, cinnamon, stevia drops and milk in a bowl. Stir until everything is combined. Put in the fridge for at least one hour.
- When ready eat, add two tablespoons of apple sauce at the bottom of each jar or glass.
- Stir the chia pudding once, then divide it equally between the two jars/glasses.
- Top with more apple sauce and add gingerbread granola on top.