This scallop dish is incredibly delicious, easy to make and will for sure be a success if you like Asian flavors and scallops! It’s the perfect scallop dish to make during fall and winter, using brussel sprouts and shiitake mushrooms that are in season. It can be served either as a starter or make a bigger plate and eat it as a main dish. This dish is gluten, dairy and grain free. It is also low carb and low fat.
Who else loves scallops? I sure do! And I try to eat them all year round. But many might think that scallops are more of a spring or summer food. But I disagree. They are great to serve during fall and winter as well. Just prepare them with some seasonal vegetables and you have a lovely fall or winter dish, and you don’t have to long for spring or summer to eat them. One of my favorite ways of preparing scallops during fall and winter is by matching them with brussel sprouts, mushrooms and a light tamari/lime dressing. I love spicy food so the brussel sprouts and shiitake are fried with some garlic, fresh chili and ginger. The scallops are seared in sesame oil to give them some nutty flavor. And the dressing is really simple, by just combining tamari, lime juice and a bit of fish sauce and more fresh ginger. The best thing is that this dish is ready in less than 20 minutes!
Ingredients for these Spicy Scallops with Brussel Sprouts & Shiitake:
- Brussel sprouts
- Shiitake mushrooms
- Fresh ginger
- Fresh red chili
- Sesame oil
- Lime juice
- Fish sauce
Other recipes you might like:
- Scallops Italian Style
- Melon & Scampi Salad
- Harissa Fried Shrimps with Cauliflower Purée & Summer Vegetables
- Scallop Carpaccio with Avocado Cream & Fish Roe
- Salmon Sashimi Popsicle with Avocado Cream
Spicy Scallops with Brussel Sprouts & Shiitake
For the scallops
- 4 Scallops
- 8 Brussel sprouts bottom removed and cut into wedges
- 8-10 Shiitake mushrooms cut into smaller piece if needed
- 1/2 tsp Fresh ginger minced or grated
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- 1/2-1 Red chili minced
- A bunch of Cilantro
- a drizzle of Sesame oil
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp Tamari or soya sauce
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 tsp Fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp Fresh ginger minced
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Fry the garlic and chili for a 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cut brussel sprouts, shiitake mushrooms and ginger. Let it fry for a 5-6 minutes until it starts to get golden brown.
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl.
- Preheat another pan over medium/high heat with some sesame oil.
- Add the scallops to the pan when it is hot and sear the scallops on each side for 1-2 minutes, depending on how raw you prefer them.
- Put the brussel sprout and shiitake mixture on a plate.
- Put scallops on top and drizzle the dressing over everything.
- Top with fresh cilantro.