I love a good hamburger, but during summer I prefer lighter food and this is when I make this summery, fresh and light fish burger. Im using a lot of fresh herbs, lime, lemon, nectarines to add freshness and lot of taste to this burger. It literally tastes like summer!
The sweet nectarine salsa pairs wonderfully with the zesty and light yoghurt dressing together with the tender fish. Its such a good summer dinner to serve when you want burgers, but still crave something lighter and easier.
Ingredients for this Summery Fish Burger with Nectarine Salsa:
- Cod fillet
- Red onion
- Red chili
- Hamburger buns
Summery Fish Burger with Nectarine Salsa
- 2 Cod fillets
- 2 Nectarines pitted and finely diced
- 1 small Red onion finely chopped
- 1/2-1 Fresh red chili finely chopped
- 1/2+1/2 Lime zest
- 1/2+1/2 Lime juiced
- Cilantro, to taste chopped
- Mint, to taste chopped
- Chives (optional), to taste chopped
- 3 tbsp Yoghurt
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 Lettuce leafs
- 2 Hamburger buns
- Bake the buns if making home made.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Put the fish fillets in a oven safe pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (depending on how thich they are, make sure not to over bake, you dont want dry fish burgers).
- Meanwhile combine nectarines, red onion, lime juice, cilantro, red chili, salt and pepper in a bowl. Taste to check if more seasoning is needed.
- Combine yoghurt, cilantro, lime, mint, chives, salt, pepper, lime juice and lime zest in a small bowl. Taste to check if more seasoning is needed.
- When fish is done, cut hamburger buns in two.
- Add lettuce on each bun buttom. Add fish fillets, yoghurt dressing and nectarine salsa. Add top of the bun.