This recipe is for delicious, easy and quick Sweet Potato Halloumi Fritters. These sweet potato and halloumi fritters only require a few key ingredients and are ready to serve in 10-15 minutes. Serve them for lunch or dinner or make them for meal prep purpose. They are both vegetarian, dairy and gluten free.
If your looking to eat more vegan or vegetarian fritters are a great and easy way of replacing meat, chicken and fish and also to include more greens in your diet. They can really be made with any vegetables your like and prefer and there are tones and tones of delicious add ins and seasonings you can add to vary them endlessly. These fritters are made with sweet potatoes and halloumi which makes a perfect combination between the sweet notes from the sweet potatoes and the salty melted halloumi cheese. I didn’t want to season them too much since I think they’re great just as they are, so I only added some paprika powder, scallions and lemon juice. These fritters are perfect to add to your salad, make hamburgers out of them, serve with a nice and fresh yogurt dressing and rice or eat them as an afternoon snack, just to mention a few ideas. These fritters are both vegetarian, dairy and gluten free.
A few tips:
- You can either leave the peel on (as I did) or remove the peel from the sweet potatoes.
- Squeeze out excess water from the sweet potatoes to make sure they don’t turn out too wet.
- I only seasoned my fritters with paprika powder and lemon juice and added some scallions because I love how they taste just as they are. But you can add any spices or add-ins that you like and prefer.
- Make sure the pan is really hot before you start frying the fritters.
- I would recommend you to use a nonstick pan, that makes them easier to flip and prevent them from sticking to the pan.
- Fry them on medium heat until they are golden brown on one side. Don’t touch, check on them by lifting them while frying or try to flip them too early. Then they might break. So just let them fry until golden brown on one side and then flip, preferably using a silicon spatula.
Ingredients for these Sweet Potato Halloumi Fritters:
- Sweet potatoes
- Paprika powder
- Lemon juice
- Black pepper
- Coconut oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Purple Sweet Potato Patties (Vegan Friendly, Gluten, Dairy, Grain Free & Paleo)
- Spicy Meatballs with Herb Yogurt Sauce (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Cauliflower & Leek Fritters (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Healthy Falafel (Oven Baked)
- Zucchini & Ricotta Fritters (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Råraka with Chanterelles/Swedish Hash Brown with Chanterelles (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Beetroot & Kidney Bean Burger (Vegan, Gluten & Oil Free)
- Zucchini & Cauliflower Fritters (Vegan, Paleo Friendly, Gluten & Oil Free)
Sweet Potato Halloumi Fritters (Vegetarian, Dairy & Gluten Free)
- 4-5 dl Sweet potatoes grated
- 1 (200 g) package Halloumi grated
- 2 Eggs
- 1-2 tsp Paprik powder
- 1/2-1 Scallion (both white and green part) thinly sliced
- 1-2 tsp Lemon juice (optional)
- Black pepper, to taste
- Coconut oil, to fry
- Preheat one or two nonstick pans over medium heat with some coconut oil.
- Grate the sweet potatos (you can peel it as well if you like, I prefer to keep the peel on) and halloumi cheese and place in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix to combine.
- Form equally sized patties 6-8 deepening on how big you make them.
- Fry in coconut oil for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. But don't flip them too early or check on them all the time, then they might break. Let them fry until they get a nice and golden surface to prevent them from breaking. Preferably use a silicon spatula to flip them.