This recipe for Sweet Potato Mini Pizza Bites is quick, easy and so delicious. They are really easy to make, you only need a few key ingredients and they can be adapted according to allergies and food preferences. Serve these Sweet Potato Mini Pizza Bites as an appetizer, pre-dinner snack or finger food.
Who doesn’t love a good pizza? I don’t eat “junk food” very often… not even once a year to be honest (but I promise I have other flaws and cravings). If I would choose one “junk food” to eat it would probably be pizza. But I don’t like the feeling of having a big dough in my tummy after eating it. Even when the pizza crust is very thin. Therefore I never eat pizza as main course. But I do love sharing one for appetizer! I usually take a shortcut by making flat bread pizza which is really quick, easy and you can use any flour you like. But when I want to take an even Bigger shortcut I make these Sweet Potato Mini Pizza Bites! They’re so easy to make! Just slice a sweet potato, bake in the oven, then top with tomato sauce and cheese, put in the oven again for a few quick minutes and voilá! You have an easy, delicious and quick pizza bite! I know that sweet potato does’t taste like real pizza crust. But if you’re like me and prefer the topping, then you’ll love these Sweet Potato Mini Pizza Bites!
A few tips:
- When baking the sweet potato in the oven before adding the cheese don’t bake them until completely soft. They should just be almost softened and starting to get golden brown.
- Add a tomato sauce/pizza sauce that is of good quality and has lot of flavor.
- When you’ve topped the sweet potatoes with goat cheese bake it just until the cheese has melted, but take it out before it starts to get dry (just a few minutes).
- Topping these pizza bites with fiber syrup/agave/honey and thick balsamic vinegar is optional but really recommended. It combines so well and makes the most delicious combination with the melted goat cheese.
Ingredients for these Sweet Potato Mini Pizza Bites:
- Sweet potatoes
- Tomato/Pizza sauce
- Goat cheese
- Fresh basil
- Fiber syrup/Honey/Agave (optional)
- Thick balsamic vinegar (optional)
Other recipe you might like:
- Sweet Potato Crostini with Cream Cheese & Smoked Salmon
- Prosciutto & Peach Flat Bread Pizza
- Watermelon Pizza
- Herb & Zucchini Flatbread Pizza (gluten Free & Vegan)
- Sweet Potato Hash Browns with Plums & Feta Cheese
- Sweet Potato Crostini with Cream Cheese, Pomegranate & Cranberries (Gluten Free)
Sweet Potato Mini Pizza Bites (Gluten Free)
- 6 slices Sweet potato (about 1/2 cm thick)
- 6-10 tsp Tomato sauce/Pizza sauce
- 6 slices Goat cheese
- Fresh basil roughly chopped
- Fiber syrup, agave or honey, to top (optional but recommended)
- Thick balsamic vinegar (optional but recommended)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Slice the sweet potato to 1/2 cm thick slices.
- Add tomato sauce on top of each slice.
- Bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes, until almost and golden.
- Take out of the oven, add a slice of goat cheese on each "pizza".
- Bake in the oven for 2-3 minutes more, until the cheese has melted.
- Top with fresh basil, and add fiber syrup/agave/honey on half of the pizza bites and thick balsamic vinegar on the rest (if using).