This recipe for Sweet Potato Mini Pizza Bites is quick, easy and so delicious. They are really easy to make, you only need a few key ingredients and they can be adapted according to allergies and food preferences. Serve these Sweet Potato Mini Pizza Bites as an appetizer, pre-dinner snack or finger food.
Is there someone who doesn’t love pizza? But sometimes you want a really simple and easy alternative that kind of taste like pizza but is easier to make and not as heavy as a regular one. That’s when I make these mini sweet potato pizza bites! They’re so easy to make! Just slice a sweet potato, bake in the oven, then top with tomato sauce and cheese, put in the oven again for a few quick minutes et voilá! You have an easy, delicious and quick pizza bite! I know that sweet potato does’t taste like real pizza crust. But I mean, who doesn’t love tomato sauce and melted cheese on everything? These sweet potato pizza bites only include a three main ingredients and are ready to serve in only 10-15 minutes. They are both gluten and grain free.
A few tips:
- When baking the sweet potato in the oven before adding the cheese don’t bake them until completely soft. They should just be almost softened and starting to get golden brown.
- Add a tomato sauce/pizza sauce that is of good quality and has lot of flavor.
- When you’ve topped the sweet potatoes with goat cheese bake it just until the cheese has melted, but take it out before it starts to get dry (just a few minutes).
- Topping these pizza bites with fiber syrup/agave/honey and thick balsamic vinegar is optional but really recommended. It combines so well and makes the most delicious combination with the melted goat cheese.
- I also love adding some fresh basil on top to add something green and fresh.
- The sweet potatoes can be baked in advance and then just topped with pizza sauce and cheese 2-3 minutes before serving.
- You can use any cheese that you like or have at home. I made these once with goat cheese.
Ingredients for these Sweet Potato Mini Pizza Bites:
- Sweet potatoes
- Tomato/Pizza sauce
- Goat cheese
- Fresh basil
- Fiber syrup/Honey/Agave (optional)
- Thick balsamic vinegar (optional)
Other recipe you might like:
- Sweet Potato Crostini with Cream Cheese & Smoked Salmon
- Prosciutto & Peach Flat Bread Pizza
- Watermelon Pizza
- Herb & Zucchini Flatbread Pizza (gluten Free & Vegan)
- Sweet Potato Hash Browns with Plums & Feta Cheese
- Sweet Potato Crostini with Cream Cheese, Pomegranate & Cranberries (Gluten Free)
- Savory Oat Waffles Italian Style with Burrata & Cherry Tomatoes (Gluten Free)
- Sweet Potato Crostini Bites with Cinnamon, Fried Pears & Goat Cheese (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Appetizers Three Ways (Gluten, Grain Free with Low Carb Option)
- Ricotta, Prosciutto & Home Made Cranberry Jam Toast (Gluten Free)
- Toast with Balsamic Roasted Cherries & Ricotta (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Mini Pizzas with Apricots & Taleggio (Gluten Free)
Sweet Potato Mini Pizza Bites (Gluten & Grain Free)
- 6 slices Sweet potato (about 1/2 cm thick)
- 6-10 tsp Tomato sauce/Pizza sauce
- 6 slices Goat cheese
- Fresh basil roughly chopped
- Fiber syrup, agave or honey, to top (optional but recommended)
- Thick balsamic vinegar (optional but recommended)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Slice the sweet potato to 1/2 cm thick slices.
- Add tomato sauce on top of each slice.
- Bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes, until almost and golden.
- Take out of the oven, add a slice of goat cheese on each "pizza".
- Bake in the oven for 2-3 minutes more, until the cheese has melted.
- Top with fresh basil, and add fiber syrup/agave/honey on half of the pizza bites and thick balsamic vinegar on the rest (if using).