This Thai Green Curry with Meatballs is a warming, flavorful and tasty dish. It’s made using coconut milk, green curry paste and fresh spices and herbs. If looking for a great meal prep dish or a weekday meal this is it. This dish is easy to adapt according to preferences and what spices and ingredients you have at home.
Southeast Asian food has always had a special place in my heart. If I would have to choose one cuisine to eat for the rest of my life it would no doubt be the Southeast Asian. I love all the spices, vegetables and fresh herbs. For me Southeast Asian food refers to using lots of fresh and local ingredients, not making it too complicated, but instead letting the ingredients speak for themselves. The food has a lot of flavor, but without being complicated or hard to make.
In this curry I have focused on using my favorite ingredients, such as: lemongrass, cilantro, lime, ginger, chili, bok choy and green curry of course. I love mixing hot flavors such as ginger and chili, with fresh ones such as cilantro, lemongrass and lime. It creates such a delicious dynamic and adds dimensions to the dish. This curry can easily be adapted to different preferences and availability of ingredients. For the meatballs I used minced beef. But the beef can be replaced with chicken, turkey or vegan minced meat instead. This dish is perfect for food prep purposes and can be stored up to 5 days in the fridge.
Ingredients for this Thai Green Curry with Meatballs:
- Minced beef
- Fish sauce
- Coconut milk
- Olive or Coconut oil
- Fresh ginger
- Green chili
- Bok choy
- Green curry paste
- Vegetable stock cube
Other recipes you might like:
- Asian Style Salmon Salad
- Poppy Seed Seared Tuna Bowl
- Asian Style Salad Cups with Shrimps
- Asian Style Tuna Steak (Paleo, Keto & Low Carb)
- Healthy Chicken Larb with Cauliflower Rice
Thai Green Curry with Meatballs (Gluten Free, Low Carb)
For the meatballs
- 500 g Miced beef
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tbsp Fish sauce
- 2 tbsp Cilantro (optional) finely chopped
- 1 Galic clove minced
- 1 Lime zest
For the green curry
- 1 can Coconut milk (I used reduced fat)
- 1 tsp Olive or coconut oil
- 1-2 stalks Lemongrass (optional) thick part removed and bashed with a rolling pin
- 1-2 cm Fresh ginger (depending on how spicy you like it) finely chopped
- 1/2-1 Green chili sliced
- 1 Bok Choy separated into seperate leafs
- 1-2 Scallions (both white and green parts) sliced
- 2 tbsp Green curry paste
- 1/2-1 Lime juiced
- 1/2 Vegetable stock cube
- 6 Snowpeas or sugar snaps thinly sliced
- 1 Zucchini spiralized
- Parlsey, to top roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Combine the ingredients for the meatballs in a bowl. Roll into 8-12 meatballs depending on how big you prefer them.
- Place them on a parchment covered baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat and add teh olive or coconut oil.
- Fry the lemongrass, ginger and half of the sliced red chili for 1-2 minutes until it starts to get golden brown.
- Add the bok choy and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add half of the scallion and fry for another 1 minute.
- Add in the coconut milk, green curry, stock cube and lime juice and let it shimmer.
- Add in the meatballs and let them shimmer in the curry for a few minutes.
- Dived the spiratlized zucchini into bowls and top up with curry and meatballs.
- Top with the rest of the scallions, green chili, thinly sliced snowpeas/sugarnsaps and fresh parsley.