If you like classic chocolate nougat eggs but want to make them both healthy, vegan and sugar free these Three Ingredients Chocolate Nougat Eggs are a must try. As mentioned you only need three ingredients and 10 minutes to make them. Make them as a healthy sweet snack or candy both for easter or any other day of the year for that matter. These eggs are both vegan, gluten, grain and refined sugar free.
Nougat is one if the best and most delicious things I know, and I can eat almost unlimited amounts of nougat, that’s how much I love it. Chocolate nougat eggs have been one of my favorite candies/sweet treats since I was little. Since Im not eating sugar regular chocolate nougat eggs are not an option. That doesn’t hinder me from eating chocolate nougat eggs anyway, I just made an easy and healthy version of them that totally got me hooked. They are just enough sweet, have a lovely texture and taste just like chocolate nougat eggs. You can even pimp them up by making them chocolate covered if you prefer them with a chocolate coat. These chocolate nougat eggs are perfect to make both for easter or any other day of the year, only require three ingredients and are ready in maximum 10 minutes. They are both vegan, gluten, grain and refined sugar free.
A few tips:
- Use juicy dates, otherwise the batter for the eggs will not come together. If your dates are a bit dry soak them in hot water for 20-30 minutes (or longer if you have time).
- Use a good quality, sugar free hazelnut butter that is made of 100% hazelnuts and is creamy and runny.
- Use good quality cacao powder that is sugar free.
- You might need 1-2 dates more depending on the size of them and how juicy they are. But start by adding 6-7 dates and then if needed add more.
- If your batter becomes too wet (don’t think this will happen, but if) then add just a little bit more cacao powder.
- You can roll your eggs and stick them on sticks if preferred or skip that part.
- Store the eggs in the fridge.
Ingredients for these Three Ingredients Chocolate Nougat Eggs:
- Hazelnut butter
- Cacao powder
- Chocolate (to cover, optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Eggs (Vegan, Gluten, Grain, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Salted Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Four Ingredient Sweet Potato Chocolate Mousse (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Gingerbread Bliss Balls (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Chokladbollar/Swedish Chocolate Balls (Gluten, Sugar & Dairy Free)
- Chocolate Tahini Cookies (Gluten, Dairy, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Champagne Chocolate Truffles (Sugar Free)
- Red Wine Chocolate Truffles (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
Three Ingredients Chocolate Nougat Eggs (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Refined Sugar Free)
- 6-7 Dates (juicy) pitted
- 1/2 dl Hazelnut butter
- 1 tbsp Cacao powder
- 4-6 Sticks (optional)
- Chocolate, to cover (optional, I did not use it)
- Place all the ingredients in a high speed blender and mix until you have a smooth but thick batter. Scrape the sides as needed.
- Form 4-6 equally sized eggs and place on sticks (optional).
- Melt chocolate and dip the eggs in it (if using).
- Store in the fridge.