This recipe is for a delicious and creamy Whipped Goat Cheese Cream with Home Cooked Cherry Marmalade. Even though it might sound bit advanced this recipes is really quick and easy to make only including a few ingredients. Serve this whipped goat cheese cream as an appetizer with some delicious fresh bread, include it in a cheese and charcuterie board or as a side dish/dip sauce along with a BBQ dinner. This dish is both vegetarian, gluten, grain & sugar free.
I guess you might have noticed that I love combining all sorts of cheeses with seasonal fruits and berries. And this combination is one of my all time favorite! This whipped goat cheese cream is made with a creamy pieces of chèvre and fresh greek yogurt which makes it both creamy, slightly tangy, very flavorful and super delicious. The home cooked cherry marmalade is really simple and easy to make, only including three main ingredients and one optional one. Combining these two, the creamy, slightly buttery, tangy and fresh whipped goat cheese cream together with the chunky, sweet yet tart cherry marmalade, will make your taste bud go crazy. You have a mix of smooth goat cheese cream with a lovely chunky marmalade that combined salty, sweet, creamy and chunky. It is flavorful and delicious yet fresh and light at the same time. This dish is great to serve both as an appetizer with your favorite fresh bread, to include in a cheese or charcuterie board or to serve as a side dish/dip sauce along with your main course or BBQ dinner.
A few tips:
- Don’t use too tart or sour cherries. Try to use the darker once that also hold a lot of sweetness.
- Keep an eye on the marmalade and stir regularly not to burn it. Add more water as needed. The cooking time will vary depending on how large the cherries are.
- Using balsamic vinegar is optional, but it adds a nice sweet and tangy taste to the marmalade. I sometimes use it, sometimes skip it, depending on what Im in the mood for.
- You can vary this dish by replacing the goat cheese with for example feta cheese and the cherries with any other lovely summer fruit like peach, plums, strawberries just to mention a few.
- Use a good quality chèvre that is flavorful and creamy.
- I used greek yogurt when making my goat cheese cream, but you can also use creme fraiche.
- Adapt the amount of yogurt depending on how thick you prefer your dip sauce.
- You can whip the goat cheese cream either completely smooth or leave it half smooth depending on what you prefer.
Ingredients for this Whipped Goat Cheese Cream with Home Cooked Cherry Marmalade:
- Granualted sweetener (sugar free)
- Balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Goat cheese/chèvre
- Greek yogurt/Creme fraiche
- Fresh basil
Other recipes you might like:
- Balsamic Roasted Summer Fruits & Berries (Vegan, Gluten, Grain, Oil & Refined Sugar Free)
- Strawberry & Mozzarella Bites (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Goat Cheese & Rhubarb Toast (Gluten Free)
- Zucchini Carpaccio with Ricotta Cream (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Sweet Potato Flatbread Pizza with Beetroot Pesto & Blue Cheese (Gluten Free)
- Bresaola Chips with Goat Cheese Cream & Hazelnuts (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Fried Gingerbread Appetizers with Blue Cheese & Fruits (Gluten Free)
- Fresh Figs with Goat Cheese & Prosciutto (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Toast with Balsamic Roasted Cherries & Ricotta (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Prosciutto & Peach Flatbread Pizza
- Mini Pizzas with Apricots & Taleggio (Gluten Free)
Whipped Goat Cheese Dip with Home Cooked Cherry Jam (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- 200 g Cherries pitted
- 1-2 tbsp Granulated sweetener
- 1-2 dl Water
- 1-2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 100 g Goat cheese/chèvre
- 1/2-3/4 dl Greek yogurt/Creme fraiche
- Fresh basil
- Bring water, pitted cherries, sweetener and balsamic vinegar (if using) to a boil, reduce and let it simmer until the cherries are soft, water has evaporated and the marmalade has thickened. Stir regularly.
- Whisk goat cheese and yogurt/Creme fraiche using an electric whisk until smooth/half smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
- Top with cherry marmalade and fresh basil just before serving.