Ajvar Seasoned Chicken Bowl (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
This is a delicious and very easy dish that is both tasty and healthy. Serve it for lunch or dinner.
Servings 2 bowls
- 2 Chicken breast fillets cut into smaller pieces
- 100 g Mixed green leaves
- 1 Yellow bell pepper cored and diced
- 1 Zucchini thinly sliced lengthwise then cut into thinner ribbons
- 12-14 Green olives pitted if preferred
- 4-6 tbsp Ajvar (I used spicy ajvar)
- Creme Fraiche or yogurt, to top (optional)
- Olive oil, to fry
Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with some olive oil.
Add the bell pepper and fry for 1-2 minutes.
Next add the chicken and stir together with the bell pepper and let it fry for 4-5 minutes.
Now add the zucchini ribbons, green leaves, olives and ajvar and stir together. Let it fry for about 1-2 minutes, just until everything is warm and the chicken is cooked through. Don't fry for too long so the chicken becomes dry and the veggies become over cooked and soggy. The veggies should still hold some crunch and feel juicy.
Divide between two bowls, top with Creme Fraiche/yogurt and serve.