Moule Mariniére with Garlic, Chili & Ginger
This is a delicous Moule Mariniére seasoned with lots of chili, garlic and ginger
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 kg Mussels cleaned and rinsed
- 1 Shalott finely chopped
- 1-2 Garlic cloves minced
- 1/2-1 Red chili finely chopped
- 1/2 cm Fresh ginger (optional) finely chopped
- 500 ml White wine
- 2 tsp Fish or vegetable broth powder (or 1/2 stock cube)
- Fresh parsley, to garnish roughly chopped
Preheat a nonstick pot over medium heat with olive oil.
Add garlic, chili, ginger and shalotts and fry for 1-2 minutes until it starts to get golden brown.
Add mussles, broth powder (or stock cube), white wine and let it shimmer for approximately five minutes, until the mussles have opened.
Divide between two plates and garnish with fresh parsley.