These Zucchini Muffins are healthy enough to eat for breakfast, since I replaced the sugar and oil with banana and apple sauce. Yet sweet and delicious enough to have as a snack or sweet treat! They are really easy to make. Just add everything in a blender and fold in the zucchini in the end. Not are they only made with healthy ingredients, but you also get that extra dose of vegetables without even thinking about it.
Since I used banana and apple sauce these muffins are really moist and sweet. The zucchini also adds additional moist to them. But if you prefer them even sweeter (taste the batter) you can just add a bit of coconut or regular sugar.
Ingredients for these Zucchini Muffins:
- Gluten free all purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
Zucchini Muffins (Gluten, Oil & Sugar free)
For the muffin
- 2 1/2-3 dl Zucchini shredded
- 1 Ripe banana
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 dl Apple sauce
- 3 dl Gluten free all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1-2 tsp Cinnamon
- A pinch of Salt
For the crumble
- 2 tbsp Apple sauce
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1,5 dl Oats
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Shred the zucchini and squeeze out the water.
- Combine the ingredients for the crumble and set aside.
- Add apple sauce, banana and egg in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and combine until you have a smooth batter.
- Fold in the shredded zucchini using a spoon.
- Fill 3/4 of muffin cups/forms and sprinkle with crumble on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until a knife comes out clean.