Finding a good substitute for regular hamburger buns is quite hard if you ask me. At least if you don’t want the recipe to be too complex and time consuming. I made this recipe which only includes six ingredients and comes together real quick. They re soft, juicy, sugar free and oil free. I used apple sauce both to give it some sweetness and to substitute oil/fats to make it healthier.
Ingredients for the Gluten-Free, Paleo Friendly Hamburger Buns:
- Cassava flour
- Apple sauce
- Baking powder
- Psyllium husk
Easy Gluten-Free, Paleo Friendly Hamburger Buns
Healthy, Easy, Gluten Free Hamburger Buns
- 1,5 dl Cassava flour
- 1 dl Apple sauce
- 3+1 (for eggs wash) large Eggs
- 2,5 tbsp Psyllium husk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds (optiona)
- Combine cassava flour, psyllium husk, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add the apple sauce and eggs and incorporate into the dry ingedients until you have a firm dough.
- Make 6 small or 4 large round buns.
- Place on parchment covered baking sheet.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Top with sesame seeds if using.
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes for small ones and 20-25 inutes for large ones.
2 thoughts on “Easy Gluten-Free, Paleo Friendly Hamburger Buns”