How I love stone fruit season! There are so many amazing foods you can cook and bake with them. I kicked off this years stone fruit season by making my first galette ever. And it turned out so good if I might say so myself! I wanted to make a healthier version of the traditional galette. There is so much butter/fat in the traditional recipes, and also sometime a lot of sugar. So I thought I try to make a receipt that uses no sugar and less fat, without comporting the taste. Thats why I made this galette using home made apple sauce. This still gives the galette the perfect amount of crunch, and the apples also add some sweetness to the dough.
Galette will for sure become one of my go-to desserts! Its so simple and easy. It down scaled, letting the ingredients talk for themselves. Not to much fuzz going on, just the way I like it!
Ingredients for the Peach Galette:
- Gluten free all purpose flour
- Vegan butter (or regular)
- Apple sauce
- Corn starch or Tapioca flour
- Almond milk
Peach Galette (No sugar, Less fat)
- 2,5 dl Gluten free AP flour
- 0,5 dl Apple sauce
- 25 g Vegan butter (or regular)
- A pinch of Salt
- 4 Peached Pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Corn starch
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp Sugar (optionl, I did not use it)
- 1 tbsp Almond milk to brush
- 1 tbsp Sliced almonds
- Combine flour, apple sauce, butter and salt in a bowl. Kneed until you have a firm dough.
- Put in a plastic bag or wrap in cling film and put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- In a bowl combine sliced peaches and cinnamon with corn starch or tapioca flour. Add sugar if you prefer it sweeter. For me the peaches are sweet enough on their own. Make sure the peaches are well covered.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the dough from the fridge.
- Divide the dough in two if making two small galettes. Place the dough on parchment paper and roll out to a thin dough.
- Arrange the peaches on the rolled out dough, leaving about 2 cm on the edges.
- Fold the edges of the dough in over the peaches.
- Brush with almond milk.
- Put on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for approximately 20-25 minutes (until the gelette is golden brown).
- Remember to keet an eye on the galette so it doesnt burn.