This recipe is for an easy and delicious Pear & Cardamom Galette. This galette is really easy to make and only requires four ingredients for the crust and three for the filling. Make this galette for an afternoon treat or delicious and easy dessert. This pear galette is both vegan, gluten, sugar., oil free and lower in fat.
Galettes have become on of my favorite things to bake last 2-3 years. I love to make them since they’re both easy and quick to make, you can make them both sweet or savory and there are endless filling ideas! For me a galette is a quick and easy version of a pie, but still as delicious. I really love how simple and rustic they are but still taste amazing and delicious. This galette is made with less fat since I replaced most parts of the butter with apple sauce. But don’t fear, the crust is just as crunchy as a regular one and you won’t even notice the difference (except that it’s less greasy). It is filled with thinly sliced pears that are combined with ground cardamom seeds, which really give this galette both a sweet, tender and warming feeling. This galette is both vegan, gluten, sugar free and lower in fat.
A few tips:
- When making the apple sauce for the crust make sure to use sweeter apples since they provide sweetness to the crust.
- You will need to kneed the dough for some time, but if it really doesn’t come together after 5-10 minutes then add about one more table spoon of apple sauce.
- This recipe is for a vegan galette, but if not vegan you can swap the vegan butter for regular butter.
- I brushed the galette with almond milk, but you can use any milk you prefer or have at home.
- If not vegan you can brush the galette with egg if preferred.
- Keep an eye on the galette in the oven. It can easily go from quite pail to browned in just a few minutes.
- Serve warm or cold, according to preferences.
Ingredients for this Pear & Cardamom Galette:
- Gluten free all purpose flour
- Vegan (or regular) butter
- Unsweetened apple sauce
- Cardamom seeds
- Stevia sugar
- Plant based milk
Other recipes you might like:
- Peach Galette (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar Free & Lower In Fat)
- Healthy Oat & Peach Bars (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Blueberry & Vanilla Cream Crumble Cake (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Healthy Apple Crumble Skillet Pie (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Dessert Pizza with Fruits & Berries (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Blueberry Skillet Crumble Pie (Gluten, Sugar, Dairy & Oil Free)
- Cherry Galette (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar & Lower In Fat)
- Peach & Raspberry Mini Pies with Yogurt Filling (Gluten, Grain, Oil. Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Pear Crumble Bars (Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Plum Cobbler (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
Pear & Cardamom Galette (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar Free & Lower In Fat)
- 2 1/2 dl Gluten free all purpose flour
- 25 g Vegan (or regular) butter
- 1/2 dl Unsweetened apple sauce
- A pinch of Salt
For the filling
- 1-2 Pears cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tbsp Cardamom seeds grounded using a mortal
- Stevia sugar, to taste
- Plant based milk, to brush
- Combine flour, apple sauce, butter and salt in a bowl. Kneed until you have a firm dough.
- Put in a plastic bag or wrap in cling film and put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- In a bowl combine the sliced pears and ground cardamom seeds. Add sugar if you prefer it sweeter. Stir to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the dough from the fridge.
- Make on big round galette or two smaller ones (I made two smaller onces). Place the dough on parchment paper and roll out to a thin dough.
- Arrange the pears on the rolled out dough, leaving about 2 cm on the edges.
- Fold the dough edges in over the pears.
- Brush with almond milk.
- Put on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for approximately 20-25 minutes (until the dough is golden brown). Remember to keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn.