This is a delicious and healthy blueberry cake with a creamy vanilla sauce. It’s gluten free, sugar free and vegan. This cake has a soft crust made out of oats and apple sauce to keep it healthier. Then a simple and delicious vanilla cream that comes together in just 2-3 minutes. Followed by blueberries and topped with an easy crumble.
A good blueberry cake is one of the best things there is. But I wanted to level up and make it even better. So I though: what can make a blueberry crumble cake even better? And I almost immediately thought of vanilla cream. Im a huge fan of vanilla cream, it’s so delicious and makes just about everything a little better. So said and done! I added a layer of vanilla cream on the crust and out came this Blueberry Vanilla Cream Crumble Cake. It’s everything you want in just one bite! And the vanilla cream really takes the classic blueberry cake to a whole new level.
Ingredients for this Blueberry Vanilla Cream Crumble Cake:
- Apple sauce
- Fiber syrup or any liquid sweetener
- Plant based milk
- Potato starch or tapioca flour
- Stevia vanilla drops
- Oat flour
- Corn starch
Blueberry Vanilla Cream Crumble Cake (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
For the crust
- 6 dl Oats
- 1 dl Apple sauce
- 1-2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp Fiber syrup, or any other liquid sweetener (optional)
For the vanilla cream
- 4 dl Unsweetened plant based milk (I used almond)
- 4-5 tbsp Potato starch or tapioca flour
- 6 drops Stevia vanilla drops (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 2-4 tbsp Fiber syrup, or any other liquid sweetener
For the crumble
- 4 dl Oats
- 1 1/2 dl Oat flour
- 3/4 dl Apple sauce
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3-4 drops Stevia vanilla drops (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 2-3 tbsp Fiber syrup, or any other liquid sweetener
For the filling
- 400-500 g Blueberries
- 2 tbsp Corn starch or tapioca flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp Granular stevia sugar if you prefer it sweeter (I did not use it)
- Start with the vanilla cream. Add milk to a pot and bring to shimmer.
- Add a little potato starch or tapioca flour at a time, stirring constantly so that you don't get any lumps.
- Keep on adding starch/tapioca until the cream has thickened. It should be quite thick but still pourable.
- Stir in stevia vanilla drops and liquid sweetener and remove from the heat. Let it cool while you prepare the rest.
- Preaheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make the crumble by combining all the ingredients for the crumble in a bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare the blueberries by combining all ingredients for the filling in a bowl. Set aside.
- Make the crust by running the oats in a blender until you have a flour like texture.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients for the crust and process until a dough forms.
- Add the crust to the prepared sheet and make a thin layer using your hands and pressing the dough down on the parchment covered sheet.
- Add vanilla cream on top of the crust.
- Add blueberries on top of the vanilla cream.
- Finish by topping the blueberries with the crumble.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the crumble is golden brown.