This is a recipe for easy, quick and super delicious Goat Cheese Filled Apricots. This recipe only calls for five ingredients and five minutes of your time. These apricots are perfect to serve as appetizers, pre dinner snack or finger food. They are both gluten and grain free.
Combining fresh summer fruits with cheese is a favorite of mine during summer. There are so many different fruits and berries to choose from that can be combined with so many lovely cheeses. And the best thing is that they can be used for making both small appetizers and finger foods, larger dishes as salads or served as dessert. And only your imagination sets the limit since there are so many ways of preparing and cooking them. This recipe is a really easy, quick yet super delicious and tasty appetizer made with only five ingredients. It’s a combination if sweet and juicy apricots and tangy, fresh and creamy goat cheese topped with thick balsamic vinegar and pistachio nuts. These apricot bites are perfect to make when you want something delicious and summery that is ready in no time. These bites are both gluten and grain free.
A few tips:
- Use soft and juicy apricots, and not too hard ones. You want them to be sweet, easy to bite on and tender.
- I made a goat cheese cream adding yogurt to the goat cheese. You can use either pure goat cheese or add Creme Fraîche/plain yogurt according to taste and how thick you prefer the goat cheese cream.
- I topped these apricot bites with thick balsamic vinegar, but they would also be delicious with some honey on top.
- I used pistachio nuts, but you can use any nuts you like and prefer.
Ingredients for these Goat Cheese Filled Apricots:
- Goat cheese
- Creme Fraîche or plain yogurt
- Thick balsamic vinegar
- Pistachio nuts
Other recipes you might like:
- Peach & Mozzarella Caprese
- Watermelon Pizza
- Shrimp Bites with Chimichurri & Nectarine Salsa
- Sweet Potato Hash Browns with Plums & Feta Cheese
- Fresh Figs with Goat Cheese Prosciutto
- Bresaola Chips with Tomato, Mozzarella & Mango Salsa (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Sweet Potato Toast with Ricotta Baked Grapes (Gluten & Grain Free)
Goat Cheese Filled Apricots (Gluten & Grain Free)
- 8 Apricots cut in half and pitted
- 40 g Goat cheese
- 1-2 tbsp Creme Fraîche or Plain yogurt
- Thick balsamic vinegar
- 10-12 Pistachio nuts roughly chopped
- Cut the apricots in half and remove the kernels.
- In a small bowl mash the goat cheese and add 1-2 tbsp Creme Fraîche or plain yogurt (depending on how thick you prefer the goat cheese cream) and combine.
- Divide the filling equallty among the apricot halfs.
- Drizzle with thick balsamic vinegar and add chopped pistachio nuts on top.