This is a recipe for quick, easy and super delicious Sweet Potato Crostini Bites with Cinnamon Fried Pears & Goat Cheese. These crostini bites are really easy and quick to make and only require a few ingredients. Serve them as pre-dinner snack, finger food or small appetizers. They are both vegetarian and gluten free.
Combining sweet fruits with salty and tangy cheese is one of my all time favorite combinations! It really is the perfect combination of different tastes and textures fi you ask me. These sweet potato crostini bites are no exception! They are both super easy and quick to make and taste amazing. I usually combine fresh pears with cheese, but this time I wanted to make a warm version with lightly caramelized and cinnamon seasoned pears. The cinnamon adds such a lovely and warm feeling and taste to these mini bites. You have a wonderful combination of creamy sweet potato crostini, tangy and fresh goat cheese cream, warm cinnamon fired pears and crunchy sunflower seeds on top. These bites are perfect to serve as a pre-dinner snack, appetizer or finger food. They are both vegetarian and gluten free.
A few tips:
- You can either make the sweet potato crostini a little thicker and then they will turn out soft and tender (like I did) or slice them into very thin slices and let them bake until crunchy.
- You can of course also use regular crostini if you prefer, but I would recommend you to try these once.
- Add Creme Fraiche/Greek yogurt according to taste and how thick you prefer your goat cheese cream.
- If you don’t like goat cheese you can swap it for feta cheese.
- I like to fry roast my sunflower seeds, but you can add them just as they are as well.
Ingredients for these Sweet Potato Crostini Bites with Cinnamon Fried Pears & Goat Cheese:
- Sweet potato
- Creme Fraiche or Greek yogurt
- Sunflower seeds
- Coconut oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Appetizers Three Ways (Gluten, Grain Free with Low Carb Option)
- Ricotta, Prosciutto & Home Made Cranberry Jam Toast (Gluten Free)
- Chanterelle Toast (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Fresh Figs with Goat Cheese & Prosciutto (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Toast with Balsamic Roasted Cherries & Ricotta (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Goat Cheese Filled Apricots (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Sweet Potato Hash Browns with Prawns (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Sweet Potato Mini Pizza Bites (Gluten Free)
- Sweet Potato Crostini with Cream Cheese & Pomegranate & Cranberries (Gluten Free)
- Sweet Potato Crostini with Cream Cheese & Smoked Salmon
Sweet Potato Crostini Bites with Cinnamon Fried Pears & Goat Cheese (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- 8 slices Sweet potatoes
- 1 Pear finely diced
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 25 g Chévre
- 1-2 tbsp Creme Fraiche or Greek yogurt
- Sunflower seeds, to top
- Coconut oil, to fry
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with some coconut oil.
- Preheat another nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Place the sweet potato slices on a parchment covered baking sheet and bake for approximately 10 minutes, until soft and golden brown. Or until crunchy if you make them thinner.
- Add the diced pear and cinnamon to the nonstick pan and fry for approximately five minutes, until a little softened, browned and caramelized.
- Add the sunflower seeds to the other pan and roast the sunflower seeds until golden brown.
- Combine chèvre and Creme Fraiche/Greek yogurt in a small bowl.
- When the sweet potatoes are ready top with the goat cheese cream, fried cinnamon pears and sunflower seeds.