This recipe is for delicious Sweet Potato Hash Browns with Prawns. These sweet potato hash browns are easy to make, taste amazing and only require a few key ingredients. Serve them as appetizers, finger food or pre-dinner snack. They are both gluten and grain free.
Hash browns are great to make both in regular size and size smaller and use a base for appetizers. I love regular hash browns but really prefer sweet potato once. They are so easy to make, just grate the sweet potatoes, mix with salt and fry. Couldn’t get easier. These sweet potato hash browns are topped with a lovely fresh and zesty mint dressing, grill pan fried prawns and crumbled feta cheese on top. They are perfect to make when you want an easy, quick, healthy yet delicious appetizer. They are ready in only 15-20 minutes, are gluten and grain free.
A few tips:
- Make sure to have a warm pan but not too hot. You don’t want to get a burnt surface and a raw middle when frying the hash browns.
- Make sure to let the hash browns fry until done on the first side. If you start to lift them to check if they’re done they might break. Let them fry for at least 3-4 minutes on the first side and then 2-3 minutes on the other.
- Make sure to pat dry the prawns using a paper towel before frying them so that you remove excess water.
- Then frying the prawns have a really hot grill pan. You want the prawns to fry and not cook.
- Don’t fry the prawns for too long, so that they don’t get dry and over cooked. I like to fry my prawns for just about 1-2 minutes on each side. If you prefer them a bit more cooked though you can fry them for 2-3 minutes on each side.
Ingredients for these Sweet Potato Hash Browns with Prawns :
- Sweet potato
- Garlic clove
- Creme fraiche or Plain yogurt
- Fresh mint
- Lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Feta cheese
Other recipes you might like:
- Skagenröra & Seed Cracker Bites
- Melon & Scampi Salad
- Swedish Tapas (Gluten & Oil Free)
- Shrimp Bites with Chimicurri & Nectarine Salsa
- Sweet Potato Hash Browns with Plums & Feta Cheese
Sweet Potato Hash Browns with Prawns (Gluten Free)
- 1/2-1 Sweet potato (depending on the size) grated
- 1+1 tsp Salt
- 8 Prawns
- 1 Garlic clove (optional)
- 1/2 dl Creme Fraiche or Plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp Fresh mint finely chopped
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 1/4 package Feta cheese
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with some olive oil.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium/high heat with some olive oil.
- Meanwhile combine the creme fraiche/yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest and fresh mint in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Grate the sweet potato and combine with salt.
- Form small patties out of the sweet potato and add to the nonstick pan, fry for 2-4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Don't flip too early, then they might break.
- Pat dry the prawns using a paper towl.
- When you have flipped the hash browns add the prawns and garlic (if using) to the grill pan and fry for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- When sweet potato hash browns are ready put on a plate, top with the mint dressing, add a prawns on top of each hash brown and the add crumbled feta cheese on top.